News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

r8694 curiosity builder tool crash

Started by myagami, February 27, 2019, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myagami

in r8694, when doing add-on rotation setting used curiosity builder tool To crash under the following conditions.

1. In an add-on with more than two directions, if the direction is set to anything other than random.
2. In an add-on that has information on only one direction, when the direction is randomly switched from 0 and then returned to 0.

Leartin

Quote from: myagami on February 27, 2019, 02:01:21 PM
1. In an add-on with more than two directions, if the direction is set to anything other than random.

Just for completions sake: The add-on shown is not square, I suspect that could cause such issues. If I don't forget I'll test later, but I'm pretty sure it worked with square buildings. Nope, it actually always fails in curiosity builder, but not in factory builder

DrSuperGood

The issue is that rotation 255 is defined as "random" and it looks like it may have been intended that rotation 254 be defined as "auto" and be selected immediately after "random" however no logic or selection for auto rotation was implemented hence it tried to use rotation 254 when selecting the first rotation, 0, which is not a valid rotation index for a building.

Fixed in R8695.

myagami

build in r8695,checked my report bug fix and normal action.
My thanks reply to Leartin and DrSuperGood for my bug report check and Operation check.

Dwachs

I tried to unify rotation selection with r8697. Hopefully, I did not broke anything.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.