News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Trains stop at the wrong station

Started by Rollmaterial, March 14, 2019, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

In this save, the trains on line 1 travelling to the colliery will incorrectly stop and wait for time at the station in the middle when the default route through that station (through the platform with the end of choose sign) is occupied.
.sve: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IsnvRKTRLRfLSl12XaGlSq4uRlZ7HGaj/view?usp=sharing

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I believe that I have now found and fixed this. However, the fix involves making end of choose signals placed on platforms ineffective. End of choose signals were never intended to be used in this way, but they might have functioned in some circumstances previously; however, it was placing end of choose signals on a platform that caused the error that you reported. Now, end of choose signals on a platform will be ignored.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

Do you mean that end of choose signs will no longer prevent stopping trains from choosing that platform as an alternative?

jamespetts

Quote from: Rollmaterial on March 16, 2019, 10:00:08 PM
Do you mean that end of choose signs will no longer prevent stopping trains from choosing that platform as an alternative?

I should clarify the end of choose signs on platforms will still work for trains whose next scheduled stop is the station for which they are platforms; only trains passing through will ignore end of choose signs placed on platforms,
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial