News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Development screenshot: vehicles

Started by Phystam, March 18, 2019, 03:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

Here is a board for newly-developing vehicles.
Your comments welcome!

JNR EMU 103 series --- under development.

jamespetts

Looking splendid! It is lovely to see this pakset's development.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Phystam

Tokyo monorail EMU 100 series + 200 series

Borek

Wow, finally! I remember there was a Japan pak 128 over a decade ago, when I think there wasn't even Experimental branch yet. It was marvelous, with lots of vehicles, buildings and stuff. I'm cheering on you! :D
My only regret is that Simutrans engine doesn't allow for tighter track spacing, but whatever - I got used to it and it's only cosmectic.

Phystam

We frequently change some parameters on the acceleration force, the cost, and the brake force etc. It would change your schedules of vehicles, but it is necessary for calibrations. Thank you for your playing.

Phystam

JNR InterCity (as known as "Limited express") Class 485 -- it will be available in the next update.

Phystam

EMU 103 series colors --- "Canaria, Emerald, LimeGreen, Orange, SkyBlue" from west side. 

Phystam

EMU 103 series --- color arrangement

Phystam

New EMU --- Series 111/113. These series are developed in the 1960s and still used. These will be available from the next update.

Mariculous

Did I already mention that I love your work so far? Keep on the great job and I will eventually host a pak256 server soon.
One thing that confuses me about yur pakset is the theming and naming.
The theming seems to be Japan only but from the name I would assume a more global pakset, like pak128, which includes vehicles and buildings from all over the world.

So may I ask if the pakset is meant to be a global pakset?
If not, may I kindly ask you to rename it to e.g. pak256.japan? This seems to be the unwritten naming convention for any other paksets so far.

Phystam

Thank you. pak256 server would be great.

And for the pakset name, which is a FAQ, but we intend that this is the first pakset with 256-size resolution.
So we decided to use the name 'pak256-Ex' and I think it is accepted.

jamespetts

It would be very interesting to see a Pak.256-Ex server.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Phystam

JNR EMU 165 series --- this is developed in the 1960's, and commonly used in Japan as express trains.

↓Photo of "Express Ina" from http://bunta.webcrow.jp/165.html

Matthew

The level of detail on these trains is amazing....
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Phystam

An electric locomotive -- EF65 series. This EL was developed in 1965 in order to pull passenger cars and freight wagons, and it is still used for freight.

(from wikipedia)

Matthew

The quality of the images here is great. Though I think the EF65 is not so beautiful (the locomotive is ugly, not the pak!).

In the long run, are you going to model Japan's different gauges in the pak? It seems that Simutrans 'Railway' = 1067mm (3ft 6in). Will Simutrans 'Narrow gauge' = 762mm (2ft 6in)? Or will you abuse the system so Simutrans 'Narrow Gauge' =  1435m (4ft 8.5in)? Or do you have another plan for separating Shinkansen trains?
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Phystam

Simutrans 'Narrow gauge' is now defined as 762mm.
We will support also ""Standard"" gauge, which has 1435mm, using way constraint feature in Extended.
You can see the gauge width in these icons, and choose what you want to use.

Phystam

More EMU 165 express series. Probably you can construct almost all convoys that were used in JNR and JR as express. This is an example of Express "Sado" connecting Tokyo and Niigata.