News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Random crash when using backspace

Started by 1993matias, April 08, 2019, 10:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1993matias

Hi again,

Sometimes when using backspace to close all open windows the game freezes for a few seconds then crashes. I have some pinned windows open, but always some unpinned when it crashes. It can happen right away or after some minutes (or more, if I'm lucky).

Nightly version 14.5 #93490b5

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. Unless I am able to reproduce this reliably, I am unlikely to be able to deal with this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

1993matias

I understand. Let me know if there is any more information you need :)

jamespetts

I often use the backspace method myself, so if there is a crash caused by this, I am likely to come accross it eventually. Once I trap it in a debugger, I should be able to fix it.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

I should note that I have still not come across this. May I ask whether anyone has been able to reproduce this within the last six months? If not, then it would be better to conclude that the crash is unlikely to have been caused by the backspace usage.

1993matias

Yes, it seems to be absent in the latest nightly build. Thank you :)

Mariculous

So it may have been the drag bug but that's really not related to backspace at all I guess.

jamespetts