News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

5th Japan Simutrans Conference in Tokyo, July 27th 2019

Started by THLeaderH, April 28, 2019, 01:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THLeaderH

UPDATE June 22nd
The application deadline for the presentation is June 30th. If you want to do a presentation in the conference, please declare in this thread or send me a personal message, and fill the application form.

UPDATE May 10th
5th Japan Simutrans Conference will be held on July 27th, in Ueno, Tokyo.
To participate our conference, please declare in this thread or send me a personal message.
To do a presentation at the conference, please fill this form.
Visit the twipla page to learn more details.

Thank you for your attention to the Japan Simutrans Conferences! The japan simutrans conference is an event in which players present their simutrans knowledge. In the last conference, approximately 25 people attended and 12 people did the presentation. You can learn what topics were discussed in our last conference from here.

The 5th Japan Simutrans Conference is discussed to be held in Tokyo. The following dates of this year are current candidates of the conference date.

• July 20
  • July 13
  • July 27
  • Aug. 3
  • July 6

For those who lives in Japan
JHSDF, the chairman of our conference, is negotiating to get the conference room. Please tell me your convenient dates from the candidates above and your request might be considered in the decision of the conference date. If you have any difficulties to read and write Japanese, please let me know and I'll help you.
You can do a 10-min or 20-min presentation in the conference. Listening-only participation is also allowed but I recommend you to talk about your knowledge and opinion related to simutrans. After the conference, we have a dinner together and have a deeper discussion about the presented topics.
If you are planning to join the conference, please declare in this thread or send me a personal message. This event is managed with twipla. If you can read Japanese, please check that page.

For those who does not live in Japan
We Japanese Simutrans Conference have very high interests in opinions of players outside of Japan. In a while, our conference calls for a 10-min video session. The videos will be played in the conference with Japanese subtitles. We're looking forward to receiving your video messages. Of course, those who lives outside of Japan is welcomed to participate our conference.

The conference date, place and participation fee are to be announced. We are really looking forward to your participation and video messages. Please keep your attention to the conference!

prissi

I am certainly interested. I would not be able to attend on the 6th July, but may be fine with other dates. I may be able to talk about the history of Simutrans (programming and pak64.japan) with a personal perspective, even in Japanese (although not on technical programming terms, this I can do in English only).

THLeaderH

I've told that to JHSDF. It would be very helpful for us if you talk in Japanese, because unfortunately most of participants cannot comprehend English and there are difficulties in the simultaneous interpretation between English and Japanese.

THLeaderH

We are pleased to announce that 5th Japan Simutrans Conference will be held on July 27th, in Ueno, Tokyo. The address of the conference room is 3-7-4 Ueno Taito-ku Tokyo, SD building 5th floor.
If you are planning to join the conference, please declare in this thread or send me a personal message. If you are willing to do a presentation, please fill this form. For more detail information, please visit twipla.

@simumeeting2017 also announces the information about the conference in Japanese.

Participation fee, banquet, and conference programs are to be announced.

@Prissi
Can you participate in the conference?

THLeaderH

The registration deadline for the presentation is June 30th. If you want to do a presentation in the conference, please declare in this thread or send me a personal message, and fill the application form. Writing the form in English is acceptable.
If you attend our conference just as an audience, registration is not required. However, it is helpful for us to let me know your attendance.

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

THLeaderH

The video with English subtitles will be provided few days after the conference. Simultaneous broadcasting is on TwitCasting, only in Japanese.

jamespetts

Quote from: THLeaderH on June 23, 2019, 10:47:26 AM
The video with English subtitles will be provided few days after the conference. Simultaneous broadcasting is on TwitCasting, only in Japanese.

Excellent!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

THLeaderH

5th Japan Simutrans Conference were held as it was planned on July 27th and we had a great time. Conference videos were uploaded here. Sorry for being late to notify the video link.

Although we uploaded the conference videos on YouTube, almost none of them have English translation. It was revealed that making a caption for the videos needs a huge effort and it was pretty discouraging. Unfortunately, automatic dictation feature of YouTube is not good for Japanese and automatic Japanese - English translation still has insufficient quality for casual Japanese expressions.

Once we considered to make a conference proceedings in English but it requires additional work for presenters and we couldn't. Tackling Japanese - English language barrier is still a big challenge and we will continue making an effort to share our discussions in the conference with the members of this forum. Maybe I can add one-sentence English descriptions for each presentation.

Prissi, thank you for coming our conference. We were very happy to hear your presentation about the history of the simutrans international community and have a wonderful talk after the presentations. We will be so pleased if you can join our Japanese simutrans conference again.

captain crunch

It is nice to hear that you had a good time at the Japan Simutrans Conference! A real bummer I cannot understand any Japanese except some single words or terms, although I can understand your reluctance to translate the talks and perhaps it would be a bit boring to follow the talks with captions. Perhaps it would be more reasonable to write a (short) summarized report of the topics discussed at the conference? Simutrans Community is very lucky that Prissi can give talks in Japanese, as it seems to me to be a rather active user group there in Japan, too.

prissi

It was my first presentation in Japanese ever. If there is interest, I can make an English version of the slides (which I made as a draft first for myself).

captain crunch

If it is not too much work, this would be appreciated!

Matthew

I would definitely be interested in the English slides. I saw your animation of the code history and it was very interesting.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。