News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Pak256-Ex 1.3.0 update

Started by Phystam, June 08, 2019, 05:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

Thank you for playing this pakset.
Now Pak256-Ex 1.3.0 update is available! You can enjoy with the most popular EMUs of Japan National Railway.

Download: https://github.com/Phystam/pak256-release/releases

Matthew

I would like to thank the Pak256-Ex community for their work on this pakset. I played it a few weeks ago and it was both beautifully detailed and....
so Japanese!  :thumbsup: The minivans, the apartment blocks, the supermarkets.... I have never been to Japan, but I've watched many NHK programmes, and it all looked so familiar. I was also grateful that there were English translations for everything.

Another interesting aspect of the pak was how different the menu icons and structure were. All the paks that I've played recently have been very similar; I'd forgotten that it's possible to reskin Simutrans so dramatically.

Unfortunately, the graphics were so detailed that there were visible artifacts on the screen every time I scrolled the map and I was only able to play at a very slow speed. This isn't the creators' fault; it's just part of life with an ancient laptop. But hopefully one day in the future I will be able to play complete games in this wonderful pak. Again, thank you to all the artists and coders.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Leartin

Quote from: Matthew on June 08, 2019, 10:01:30 PM
All the paks that I've played recently have been very similar; I'd forgotten that it's possible to reskin Simutrans so dramatically.

You probably did not play the comic paksets :) They are all a bit different from the basic gray, much more colorful. Having the icons black and white here was a really good choice, since otherwise, in combination with color-coded bars, it would be too colorful for anything but a comic pakset.

Do themes work in Extended? I think it would benefit those clean toolbars if the theme was similarly clean. And, most importantly, the orange of the title bar needs to be replaced with gray.

Matthew

Quote from: Leartin on June 09, 2019, 08:18:09 AM
You probably did not play the comic paksets :) They are all a bit different from the basic gray, much more colorful. Having the icons black and white here was a really good choice, since otherwise, in combination with color-coded bars, it would be too colorful for anything but a comic pakset.

You're right, the time since I played the comic paksets should probably be measured in decades, not years.

QuoteDo themes work in Extended? I think it would benefit those clean toolbars if the theme was similarly clean. And, most importantly, the orange of the title bar needs to be replaced with gray.

Extended has a themes subdirectory with a themes.tab, but I don't know whether it's customizable or just there to keep the code consistent with Standard.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Phystam

Thank you for playing! Your replies encourages us to make better this pakset.
Currently the theme selector does not work, however you can use our theme.
You can find "menu.FlatSkin.pak" in pak256-Ex pakset --- Please copy it to "themes" directory. And edit the last line of "themes/themes.tab" like this:

themeimages=menu.FlatSkin.pak

ACarlotti

Quote from: Leartin on June 09, 2019, 08:18:09 AMDo themes work in Extended?
My understanding is that they are partially implemented in Extended, but some of the features are still waiting to be merged.

jamespetts

Quote from: ACarlotti on June 09, 2019, 03:39:40 PM
My understanding is that they are partially implemented in Extended, but some of the features are still waiting to be merged.

This is correct.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.