News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[add-on] Assign dedicated symbols to special goods

Started by Ranran(retired), June 21, 2019, 04:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I was thinking of a way to make special freight have individual symbols, but I realized that the simplest solution is to categorize special freight into a new category.
This change does not affect the game as it only switches categories.

The problem is that since the category name and the goods name are the same, duplicate displays can be seen in the factory dialog.  ::(

cars!

However, if you don't mind this, you can change the special goods symbol by downloading the add-on from this post and putting it in the addons folder.  ;)

The source is here.
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-pak128.britain/tree/special-goods-symbol

CATEGORY_08
live fish
CATEGORY_09
livestock
CATEGORY_10
cars

If you want to play in languages other than English you need to translate these.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for this suggestion. In this instance, I think that it is preferable not to cease to use the special freight category: it is a useful residual category, and it is preferable not to treat unique types as if they were a member of a more general type as is inherent in treating them as part of a category, not least because of the reason given here, viz. the repetition of the name, which is inevitable in this context.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

The introduction of this was provided as an add-on to leave it to the player's own discretion.
You can switch the display at any time by switching between loading and unloading the addons folder. It would be very easy if you could use a toggle button like standard in Windows.

Vladki

Wouldn't it be better to have the symbol for special (or any) goods as an attribute in goods.pak? With some defaults for each category that can be overriden by obj=good?

Ranran(retired)

I tried to register the image in goods.pak before, but I did not know how to load the registered image.  ::'(
https://github.com/Ranran-the-JuicyPork/simutrans-extended/commits/goods-category-write-catg0-image
So the size of the file has grown but I don't know if I could register it correctly. (´・ω・`)
And Ranran gave it up.  :-[