News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Duplicity of objects

Started by Václav, June 29, 2019, 09:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I am back...  ;D

After long time, I updated game to 120.4.1 and I cannot believe my eyes - because game calls duplicity of great many objects. But I don't know where it can happen - because in original (understand previous I used) all was OK and I did not changed any object files.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

makie

the checking is new
it is a warning, you can press space an go on

Václav

Yes, it is warning - but it should not be. Because there is something wrong. Something sees (hard to say why) some objects multiple times.

Vladki

Perhaps you should report duplicates to pakset maintainers.

Leartin

It just means that there are several objects of the same name, so only one would be loaded. Why? Probably because that's how it is, you just never noticed.

If you play by yourself, this just means that one of the two objects would not load, which you probably won't notice anyway. It's a bit worse in multiplayer, since the loading order can be platform dependent, meaning two players with the same pakset might have different objects on different platforms - which is problematic.

If this is about pak96.comic, yeah, pak96.comic is especially in danger of having duplicates of the same object, simply because it does not use single files for each object. Because there are several objects in each pak file, it's easy to have the same in two different files. If you'd not name files while packing, the outputs file name would be the same as the object name, so duplicates would be easily visible.

Václav

Thanks.

I can divide pak files - and delete duplicite objects. But may it be that it is time to go on works on objects (especially ways) for this pakset. And also standardize names form and so on.

But I would need someone's help. Originally An_dz worked on this pakset too - but I don't know if he is still active.

Leartin

Just start the project and be public about it. You won't find anyone to work on a dead set, because there is a lot of extra pressure and expectations.

I would not occasionally contribute to pak96.comic right now, because it is a dead set. Any contributions I made might be wasted if nothing comes from them.
I would not revive pak96.comic myself, because that would put me in a positioner where, if I stopped doing anything, I'd kill the set, since there is no other active developer.

If you could show that pak96.comic is alive and well, I would think differently about it. Both occasional contributions and becoming an actual member would seem more sensible to me, and I assume others think differently. After all, you have similar thoughts, that's why you don't want to revive it on your own ;)

[Also, what exactly do you need for ways? Want to get double heights and need some new slopes? Perhaps simply open a thread in the p96c-subforum about what's needed?]

Václav

I am author of some objects for that pakset from last time (but then I had to pay attention to else things...  :-[). Some ones stayed only in this forum, else ones were uploaded to SVN. I can draw probably almost all buildings (and probably I can draw also vehicles, I have prepared some ones - trains, ships) - but for ways, way objects and player buildings I need icons. It is something where I would need help of someone else very much - because my ones are not good (wrong shaped or so).

Leartin

If it's just Icons, send me the ways you need Icons for, and I can make icons according to the UI-rules (https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,14295.0.html).