News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Industry demand spike at new year

Started by Jando, June 30, 2019, 10:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

I fear my last post had been a little premature, I observed another spike - however, it did not happen when saving the game, it happened when a new year started. Picture here [edit: in-transit graph shown]

Stock of grain at the brewery already was too high and the new year just caused the brewery to demand all available grain from the farms it is connected to. Max. in-transit number for grain at the brewery went up. Max. in-transit numbers for some (but not all) consumers went up as well.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I have split this from the other post as this is a separate issue (a demand spike at new year, rather than on saving/loading).

I will look into this when I have some time.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Thanks, James.

These demand spikes can now happen at the end of a day and through loading a saved game too. Picture here:

In-transit for fish shown in the graph. In-transit was 16 before the end of the previous day (most of them already transferring to the market at the station). Max. in-transit number was 17 before the end of the day, changed to 208 during end of day. Result is that the market demanded all fish available at the fishing port. Max. in-transit number at the fishing port went to 3816 at some time since I last looked.

Max. in-transit for fruit (and at some other consumers) increased as well, for fruit at this market from 14 to 54. In all cases the in-transit number before end of day have been the lower - and the more correct ones, though already too high in my opinion.

I have a saved game from before the end of the day, however on loading that game I already get incorrect far higher max. in-transit numbers, though not exactly the same incorrect numbers. 

jamespetts

Can you clarify what you mean by a "day" here; are you referring to an in-game month?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Quote from: jamespetts on July 01, 2019, 12:45:26 PMCan you clarify what you mean by a "day" here; are you referring to an in-game month?

Correct. See screenshot, February, 0:10.