News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Pakset reloaded

Started by Václav, July 03, 2019, 03:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I returned few days ago and I found that pakset is dead - because nobody worked on it for all time I was away.

As I wrote (and as was written) in topic Duplicity of objects:
- pakset suffers for duplicity of objects
- I can create some more objects (mostly finish open projects)

But at this time I really would like to see (as much as possible) list of all what is demanded, needed and useful.

The first group of objects to do (and what I can do in reasonable time):

• tramways, trams

• I have prepared 3 basic ways (1 more is under construction), 2 tunnels, 1 bridge
    • I need to find (simple but interesting) shape for two elevated ways and bridges
    • I have prepared some trams, but all of them are modern looking - and may be in service at the same time; instead of current situation that 1-car trams are in service earlier than multiple cars trams
  • industries

• I have idea for 2 industries (waste, fusion plant)
    • 1 more industry is in construction (from past - but with 24bit transparency it will be easier to finish it)

Creation of industries is a bit easier for me. Icons and previews for ways, way objects and player buildings would be added by someone else. And of course, I would like to see someone else to create objects too.

I really would like to change pakset for double-height. My tramways are already created for this, even with 1 catenary (but two more ones are needed).

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Leartin

Nice! Did you receive the icons?

From what I saw, you are going for half height. Keep in mind that you'll need to update all ways in the game, as well as docks. Are the sources for them accessible to you, and are you allowed to make these changes?

Václav

Icons? Yes. They are beautiful. I don't know if they may stay alone from other parts. If yes, then it would be great.

Railways: I think I can use current tramways as pattern and improve them. May it be that they will be more comic than current, but who says that it should be the same for ever after. I noticed that railways in Pak192.comic have separated bed from sleepers with rails too.

Peers: I have some already created. Only I am not sure if they are ready for half-height. But probably it would be not problem to improve them, to add version for half-height.

I have access to SVN, if you think this. I don't know where are original sources, but with help I can create many things - even ground. And (in case of ground) probably it would be better. Because only adding of new tiles to current ones would give strange result. Also, some current ground tiles (I remember tundra) have a strange colour.

Creation of buildings (factories or player buildings) is a bit easier than creation of ground and much easier than creation of vehicles. Once it will be open-source, all may be improved later - for better face.

An_dz

I have part of the non-free stuff source and I've been improving some of the graphics sometimes. I can also have access to the full source but it may take a little while.

@vladki @václav Do you have a GitHub account?

Václav

Vladki?  ;D

No...
I have account on GitHub because I tried to use it for else project, but I did something wrong and so I was not able to upload it from PC - and it stayed as it was uploaded from SourceForge in the beginning.

An_dz

Quote from: Václav on July 04, 2019, 04:26:54 AM
Vladki?  ;D
;D Wrong czech

Quote from: Václav on July 04, 2019, 04:26:54 AM
No...
I have account on GitHub because I tried to use it for else project, but I did something wrong and so I was not able to upload it from PC - and it stayed as it was uploaded from SourceForge in the beginning.
Well, I can create a private repository for the non-free sources there to improve them and re-balance everything. I was mostly editing the icons for the new style and adding some texture for the stuff that was too plain. I already have the sources for the terrain.

Vladki

I have a github account ?  (vladki77), and also access to sourceforge.net svn repo for pak128.cs.  But I already have a huge todo for pak128.cs and simutrans-extended, so I won't be able to contribute to pak96.comic.

Anyway I'm willing to help with dat files if you run in some problems.

Václav

Quote from: Vladki on July 04, 2019, 06:54:33 AM
But I already have a huge todo for pak128.cs and simutrans-extended, so I won't be able to contribute to pak96.comic.

Anyway I'm willing to help with dat files if you run in some problems.
Thanks for willingness to help. But it is not needed to be worried about object contributions for pak96.comic. However, dat files checking would be good too.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on July 04, 2019, 06:07:08 AM
Well, I can create a private repository for the non-free sources there to improve them and re-balance everything. I was mostly editing the icons for the new style and adding some texture for the stuff that was too plain. I already have the sources for the terrain.
I can use that repository as ?pattern for things I can create. But nothing more.
If you have sources for half-height terrain (if I understand correct), it is splendid.

An_dz

Now you want to confuse me. ;D

I don't have the stuff in half-height, but I have the ways sources, if you are willing to help create the half-height graphics for them that would be great. Also many of the sources lack the graphics definition part and it would be nice to have them.

Leartin

I scaled down the half height landscape of p192c, including markers/borders. No basements though, since you probably want to keep the one you have.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zus0tza8d1y4g6/p96.rar?dl=0

In order for it to work, add the following lines to simuconf:
tile_height = 8
height_conversion_factor = 2

Yona-TYT

Many years ago this project did not give signs of life, it is exciting to see something now. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Qayyum

Me thought that in order to know what to balance the prices, first you have to know what is the minimum living wage, with rent, second, you have to know the minimum wage, without rent, third, you have to know that value of land rises as nmore land is used. Thought you might need in order to balance price pak 96 comic.
ALLMYCONTENTISPUBLICDOMAINBUTNOEXPLOITATION

Simutrans - the open source Transport Tycoon Deluxe clone.

Václav

Good tips, Qayyum,

but (at first) you need to have anything you can rebalance.  :-[

Pak96.comic lacks great many things. It is current main problem, not rebalancing.

Leartin

What does it lack specifically? Write out a tasklist or something, I'm sure I can help a wee bit :)

Václav

Thank you very much for your willingness.

Trains:
- locomotives
- passenger and post cars
- freight cars
- electric and diesel passenger and post units

I tried to create some trains, but result was even worse than in case of trams.

Trams:
- motor cars (mostly for early years)
- pulled cars (almost only for early years)
- units (trams like Škoda 15T or so)

I tried to create some trams. They have been already on SF.net. But they are not perfect and deserve re-working - to they would be not only utilisable (I created them mostly to have at least some ones), but also better looking. All of them are relatively modern shaped and could be used in the same age.

Aircraft:
- passenger

Ships:
- passenger

Like in case of trams, I tried to create some ones. But those ones are ships mostly for open seas, not for rivers.

Some infrastructure would be good too.

At this time I work on head railway station(s). Then I can return to works on tramways and railways, including bridges and tunnels. From tramways I can derive railways. But may it be that they would need some finishing works.