News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[WIP] Head railway station building

Started by Václav, October 26, 2019, 06:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I started work on head railway station building.

Aside of such stations still bring some problems to railway transportation (like locomotive change, because push-pull trains or bi-directional units are probably still scarce commodity), great many such stations were built (and I don't know if they would be built in late ages). And most of them were work of art.

As some of you may remember, I tried to prepare one such building long time ago - for pak128. But all what I finished was central open waiting hall. Side wings proved that making of (more or less) copy of one real building was mistake. And all works ended.

But now, respectively some weeks ago, I started works on new building for head railway station. But at this time I decided to use else style - brutalism (or something like that). However, I think that it will be clear what station I was inspired.

Due to general shape of such station buildings (more or less it is the same in case of all - letter U), building will be assembled from many parts. And because I decided for very complex shape, building will have many parts...

At least these:
* open waiting hall (repeatable to allow more tracks - not painted at this time)
* 2 corner parts (not repeatable, of course)
* side wings (probably not repeatable, assembled from more parts - at least two)

On some parts will be partially visible possible inner arrangement. Exact inner arrangement is matter of your fantasy.

Hint for voting:

mutiple part wing - allows to change side of building (and whole station) and more parts in future
single part wing - allows only single size of building (excepting effect of repeating of central part)

And in attachment you can see right corner from two views showing all building sides. Of course, this is only the first stage. Later it will get only those black lines that are really needed. Base will be filled with colour or texture. And walls will get some decorations to large empty areas.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Václav

So, finally I can show design of whole station building. I hope that soon I would have prepared central waiting hall in all four rotations - to show design whole station building in all four rotations.

And then I may slowly finish face of each part of whole complex - it means colouring bases, re-colouring of some parts, removing unneccessary lines, adding various decorations and so on.

Also, this station should have own platforms. To say how they will look may be very untimely. But surely, it will be surprise.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní