The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: [Bug] Fixed cost of vehicles placed in the depot is not reduced  (Read 576 times)

Offline Ranran jp

• Languages: ja
I found the following statement here;
Fixed maintenance costs

In Simutrans-Extended, vehicles can be set to have a fixed monthly cost as well as a per kilometre cost. This is achieved by using the "fixed_maintenance=" value in the vehicle's .dat file by the pakset author. The function is dependant on the pakset - using paksets designed for Simutrans-Standard will give the same behaviour in relation to running costs as Simutrans-Standard. From version 9.3 onwards, this cost will be reduced by 95% (to 5% of the original cost) when a vehicle is stored in a depot to represent the fact that most of this cost is the staff cost of running the vehicle, but some small element of maintenance is necessary even on a vehicle that is not used to keep it in a serviceable condition.

But there seems to be no such fact. (´・ω・`)

The fixed maintenance of this convoy is 170.20 ¢.

This convoy has been in the depot for seven months.
I left this convoy from the depot just before the end of the previous month and 170.20 ¢ were collected at the end of the last month.
It seems that fixed cost has not been reduced while being placed in the depot.  :-|

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: [Bug] Fixed cost of vehicles placed in the depot is not reduced
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 09:08:20 PM »
Thank you for your report. I suspect that that feature was accidentally overwritten without anyone (including me) noticing a long time ago - or perhaps even deliberately changed without the documentation being updated.

The question is now: since there is a discussion of modelling the staff costs as a separate figure to this fixed maintenance costs, would it be better to change the code or change the documentation for this? I suspect the latter.

Offline jamespetts gb

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: [Bug] Fixed cost of vehicles placed in the depot is not reduced
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 10:55:41 AM »
For the present, I have added a strikethrough to this text in the documentation.