News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

[Bug] Fixed cost of vehicles placed in the depot is not reduced

Started by Ranran(retired), July 29, 2019, 10:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I found the following statement here;
QuoteFixed maintenance costs

In Simutrans-Extended, vehicles can be set to have a fixed monthly cost as well as a per kilometre cost. This is achieved by using the "fixed_maintenance=" value in the vehicle's .dat file by the pakset author. The function is dependant on the pakset - using paksets designed for Simutrans-Standard will give the same behaviour in relation to running costs as Simutrans-Standard. From version 9.3 onwards, this cost will be reduced by 95% (to 5% of the original cost) when a vehicle is stored in a depot to represent the fact that most of this cost is the staff cost of running the vehicle, but some small element of maintenance is necessary even on a vehicle that is not used to keep it in a serviceable condition.

But there seems to be no such fact. (´・ω・`)

The fixed maintenance of this convoy is 170.20 ¢.

This convoy has been in the depot for seven months.
I left this convoy from the depot just before the end of the previous month and 170.20 ¢ were collected at the end of the last month.
It seems that fixed cost has not been reduced while being placed in the depot.  :-|
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I suspect that that feature was accidentally overwritten without anyone (including me) noticing a long time ago - or perhaps even deliberately changed without the documentation being updated.

The question is now: since there is a discussion of modelling the staff costs as a separate figure to this fixed maintenance costs, would it be better to change the code or change the documentation for this? I suspect the latter.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

For the present, I have added a strikethrough to this text in the documentation.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.