News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

[Bug] The schedule is broken by the automatic determination of turnaround point

Started by Ranran(retired), August 06, 2019, 11:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I have noticed that buses with multiple waypoints do not run on the proper routes.
I got the answer by chance when I was investigating a problem of extended that the train does not reverse properly outside the station (waypoint).

I made a switchback course for experiments this way.

Please check this saved game.
All convoy's schedules have not been fulfilled correctly. There are 3 convoys and 4 scheduled lines.

For example, suppose you create a schedule to patrol in the order A, B, C, D.
When the schedule dialog is closed, B is automatically marked with a back mark, and as a result, it only reciprocates between A and B.
It is not known which point will be marked reversely ([<<]) until the schedule window is closed.
Even if you edit the schedule again, the **** reverse mark is automatically added. (´・ω・`)
The train may not stop and reverse when this reverse mark is not attached. In that case the train will fold like a centipede.  :::)
However, the schedule is broken when a reverse mark ([<<]) is inserted automatically. The way to prevent this is to not use waypoint. Conversely speaking, setting waypoint may not work correctly.
Standard does not have reverse marking. I made a similar course with standerd for reproducing this, but it worked fine. So I think this is an extended problem.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. I should note that I am finding it difficult to work on Simutrans-Extended development at present because my home computer is in a poor state, and I am waiting on the availability of components before upgrading it. I have therefore been focussing on ohter things that do not rely on this computer.

My apologies that I have been less responsive to bug reports recently; I continue to be grateful for your dedication to improving Simutrans-Extended, both in reporting issues and in adding improved features.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

I am replying to this topic in order to bump it in order that it be readily notable for future bug-fixing work.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

Can I check whether the recent waypoint fixes have addressed this issue?

Ranran(retired)

I've confirmed that it works correctly on the current version. Thank you for fixing this. (´・ω・`)b
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts