News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

can't replaying midi files which finished play using AVF_core-audio_midi

Started by shingoushori, August 12, 2019, 08:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shingoushori

Hello
I found the little inconvenient thing, can't replaying midi files which finished play, at least using AVF_core-audio_midi.

So then, I submit fixing plans, they are 2 versions. on both of these, fixing by using setCurrentPosition method.
and differ points are timing,
・setCurrentPosintion at all time of when replay command occurs
・setCurrentPosintion only when replay command occurs and the time of current position exceeds the duration of target midi file

I hope this post is useful. thanks for reading.

THLeaderH

Thank you, shingoushori. I'm using Mac and have a same problem. (Note that this problem occurs only on Mac.)

I'm not sure how it behaves on Windows and other operating systems, I like the former option of the two.

prissi

Since I do not have a MAC, to be clear: Version 1 works well? I submitted this version.

shingoushori

Thanks for consideration !

At least it will be improved so that it can be playing again.

But, the play command needs to be executed twice in order to actually playing again.
This is because it doesn't really play to the end during playback (This is another bug or Inevitable fate of core audio).
However, I think it is important to solve the problem of not playing again,
so I would appreciate it if you could adopt this plan for the time being.

prissi

Please keep answer simple. I do not have a MAC, so I rely on your guys to submit patches. What change do you suggest?

prissi

DrSuperGood

It appears that neither of the supplied diff files were submitted to the SVN on the 17th of August. Since another commit fixing random midi selection at startup was submitted then it is possible some confusion or an error occurred.

prissi

Sorry, svn silently ignored it due to line ending issues after patching. Should now be in.