The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Pak192.Comic In Extended  (Read 568 times)

Offline Flemmbrav

• Devotee
  • Languages: DE, EN
Pak192.Comic In Extended
« on: February 23, 2020, 01:21:42 PM »
Since we've been talking about this for a while, I wanted to create a thread here, to discuss it properly.

So far I did manage to build the pakset in extended, only missing one kind of moving objects. That's a plus for sure.
I tried this with the makeobj from here: http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/Makeobj-Extended.exe and the game from here: http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/nightly/windows/ , running in my r8872 standard folder.

Starting the game, I discovered some issues with the pakset. First, shortened dats do not seem to work sadly. In plus, there is a weird zoom on the whole game.

My current plan is to have the Git filled with standard dats, that have the extended parameters as special commands, and to build the extended set out of that. Should I try to get rid of shortened dats during that process, or is that a thing to be implemented in extended makeobj?

Offline Flemmbrav

• Devotee
  • Languages: DE, EN
Re: Pak192.Comic In Extended
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 01:06:58 PM »
In plus, there is a weird zoom on the whole game.

Apparently that's a thing with every SDL version of Simutrans to me, I just never tried it. Shall I report the bug for Standard too?

Offline jamespetts

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: Pak192.Comic In Extended
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 11:57:17 AM »
Apologies for not having responded sooner to this: I do not believe that I noticed this until now.

First of all, it is a splendid thing that you are working on getting Pak192.Comic working for Extended. This is a lovely pakset and it would be wonderful to see an Extended version of this.

Secondly, the shortened .dat feature has not yet been backported from Standard to Extended, so this is not currently working in Extended makeobj. There have been people in the past who have worked on a number of Standard to Extended backports, but that project does not seem to be continuing at present. Anyone who would like to work on this would be welcome to do so.

As to the SDL issue, this is not something that I have been able to reproduce, but if this is a problem that can equally be reproduced in Standard, I do suggest that you post a bug report in the Standard bug reports section.

I shall look forward to seeing progress on this.