News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

How can I fix these ship stops?

Started by passengerpigeon, August 18, 2019, 01:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

passengerpigeon

Dear community,
I have recently created two different dock objects, but as the above images show, neither one of them is properly obscuring the tile on which they are placed. I want the stone wharf to be recessed into the slope tile, but the wooden pier to obscure it completely so that there are no walls around each pier tile. How can I modify the attached .dat file to fix this issue?

Matthew

Hi, passengerpigeon!

It's good to meet you.  :)

I also find harbour stops difficult to understand  :-[, so I look forward to learning more from this thread.

Have you tried changing the stone wharf to needs_ground=1? Perhaps that would help???  :question:
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

prissi

Please look at the pak64 harbour tiles in the SVN, which exactly does this.
https://sourceforge.net/p/simutrans/code/HEAD/tree/pak64/player/
and then files big_hafen.dat and the new_alpha*.png files

Leartin

The harbour does not change anything about the ground underneath. But it's on a different "layer" than the ground.

If you want the stone wharf to be covered by the ground tiles in front, you simply can't draw the part that would be covered. I attached a file to show you where the graphic should be cut.

your wood dock are impossible the way you try to do them. You shouldn't try to place water where there is ground. Instead, you'd create one tile that's to be placed on the slope, and place all others in the water. It's a dock with several tiles, use the second and third slot in the picture definition to give a coordinate. For example,
  • would be tile 0/0 in the south rotation, the one on land.
  • [1][0] would be the tile one to the south, etc.

There is a recent bug in nightlies with docks: https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,19135.0.html
    Has nothing to do with your current bugs, but if you try to make it into a multitile dock, it would probably appear.

passengerpigeon

Quote from: Leartin on August 18, 2019, 03:10:17 PM
I attached a file to show you where the graphic should be cut.
Thanks for the help, but are you sure that would work? I think that the default Pak64 slopes are steeper than that.
Thank you,
Passengerpigeon.

Leartin

You are right, pak64 has steep slopes, sorry.