The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Is there any way to create a generic SE Asian map with palm trees?  (Read 289 times)

Offline Antonin

Is there any way to create a generic SE Asian map with palm trees?
« on: September 03, 2019, 11:13:12 PM »
I would like to create a map with Filipino cities and a Filipino landscape. I have a Filipino city list, but does anyone know how to create a map with coconut trees/palm trees only instead of other types of trees? There do not seem to be any user-created generic Southeast Asian maps.
I was playing a pak128 Japan game with Filipino city names, but it's not the same.  I don't like the division of passenger types into categories. There are few industries at all, and the Philippines does not have many sushi restaurants.  In pak128 Japan the only user of rice is the sushi restaurant.
I am trying to create a Philippines environment in regular pak128.

Offline Leartin at

• Devotee
  • PAK-DEV P192C
  • Languages: DE, EN
Re: Is there any way to create a generic SE Asian map with palm trees?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 04:21:16 AM »
There is no ingame option for such a thing. What you can do is delete all tree-files from the pak, and use makeobj to repak the sources of the trees you want, but without the line about climate. (https://sourceforge.net/p/simutrans/code/HEAD/tree/pak128/landscape/trees/)
A map created from such a custom pakset would still be compatible with pak128, though since trees constantly respawn, doing so might cause the regular trees to pop back up after a while.

Offline Antonin

Re: Is there any way to create a generic SE Asian map with palm trees?
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 12:23:51 AM »
Thank you! I think I will just have to use my imagination. :)