News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Station building with signalbox

Started by Phystam, September 16, 2019, 02:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phystam

Hi,
Several station buildings have also signalbox function, especially countryside small stations.
So I propose type=extension_with_signalbox, which works as the station building and also as signalbox.
Is it possible?

Ranran(retired)

I've also thought about it before.
The problem is that there is a duplicate parameter called "capacity".
The signalbox uses "capacity" for connectable signals number.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Phystam

I cannot understand why developers have used the same parameter for different use...
At least 'signalbox capacity' should be another parameter name, such as 'signal_capacity'.

Mariculous

It was never intended to compose buildings from different building parts. As the object type simply is a signalbox or an extension, it totally makes sense to simply call the capacity "capacity".

jamespetts

Freahk is correct about the use of the word "capacity": the idea of combining this with a station extension building was never considered. If one were to code a special case for a combined station extension/signalbox, one could simply use the keyword "signal_capacity", which should also be usable (alongside "capacity") for existing plain signalboxes.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.