News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

fisheries and barrels

Started by waerth, November 01, 2019, 12:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waerth

So I decided to do a game in which I transport goods. It is 1786.

I have a fishery connected to a fish port but neither crate goods nor crate foods will work to transport fish by boat. The only other 2 options are bulk or long goods. So which will work.

From an orchard I need something that transports barrels to take cider to a tavern. But I have no convoy that can transport barrels. And none of the other 4 options do anything

:(

Any suggestions?

Rollmaterial

In the depot/stable window you can filter the list by cargo. What is relevant is the type of good (piece goods, perishable goods, bulk goods, mail...), whether it's crates, churns, barrels etc. doesn't matter. You can see all this information in the industry window.

The good you transport from a fishery to a fishing port is live fish, not fish, and IIRC there is a ship that accepts it in 1786.

waerth

Ok so I never knew about this filter :p

In the past I only transported pax and mail.

Thanks!

W

Spenk009

Quote from: waerth on November 01, 2019, 12:31:52 PM
I have a fishery connected to a fish port but neither crate goods nor crate foods will work to transport fish by boat. The only other 2 options are bulk or long goods. So which will work.
There is a sailing boat available, the Dogger for live fish.

Quote from: waerth on November 01, 2019, 12:31:52 PM
From an orchard I need something that transports barrels to take cider to a tavern. But I have no convoy that can transport barrels. And none of the other 4 options do anything
If you're confused about what is transported how, press G (shift + G) to show a list of goods and information about them. Here's a screenshot of the window.