News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Simutrans Extended - Signal Problems

Started by Brytenwalda, November 13, 2019, 07:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brytenwalda

I'm playing Simutrans Extended and the year is 1843, and so I can only use time interval signals. One of my stations has grown significantly and so it has three lines, coming from three different directions.

Line 1 enters from the east and the train reverses. It uses platform 4 (counting from the left, the last one from the left).
Line 2 enters from the north and the train reverses. It uses platform 3. I wanted it to use platform 2 on its route back but it  wouldn't work.
Line 3 enters the station from the south and leaves around the station, to the east of it. It uses platforms 1.

EDIT: I deleted the second vane choose signal that line 2 passes and trains no longer collide.

I still have several issues though:
1) Is my use of vane station signals correct? I put them at the ends of the station.
2) How can I make a train not reverse? I put a waypoint on another platform but my trains won't move to it.
3) Would a vane choose signal automatically assign a free platform for my train?

Brytenwalda

I also plan to add another track to Line 1. How should I prevent the trains from colliding? By placing a choose signal way in advance before the platform like Line 2 so that it waits there?

Vladki

I'm not very familiar with the vane signals. But anyway the choose signal (i suppose it is the two vanes side by side), will choose free platform. But in your setup it will do so only for line3. Iti is because you have put end of choose signs on the other side of station, so any effect of choose signal for lines 1 & 2 is cancelled.

Brytenwalda

Quote from: Vladki on November 13, 2019, 08:41:48 PM
I'm not very familiar with the vane signals. But anyway the choose signal (i suppose it is the two vanes side by side), will choose free platform. But in your setup it will do so only for line3. Iti is because you have put end of choose signs on the other side of station, so any effect of choose signal for lines 1 & 2 is cancelled.

I put them because it's possible to enter the station from the other side, and it's not possible to make them just one direction. Should I delete them altogether? What would that mean for trains entering from the other side?

Vladki

Quote from: Brytenwalda on November 13, 2019, 08:56:46 PM
I put them because it's possible to enter the station from the other side, and it's not possible to make them just one direction. Should I delete them altogether? What would that mean for trains entering from the other side?

I would remove them completely. If you find that it causes some problems, put them further out from station than the choose signals. That way they would not cancel the choose signals, but prevent platform search further away.