News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

chat windows steal focus from message centre

Started by Vladki, December 17, 2019, 09:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

I noticed this in online game of simutrans-extended, but I think that the chat code is unmodified so this should apply to both versions.

When I send or receive a message it pops-up in dialog window and steals the focus. Further keystrokes then are interpreted as commands, potentially doing unwanted stuff.  I tried to set chat messages to not pop-up, but only run in the ticker, but they still pop-up.

So first bug - they pop-up all the time,
Second bug - would it be possible to make those windows not getting focus?

Mariculous

As you was not sure about standard, I just want to confirm this for standard 212.0 r8870

Dwachs

The focus-stealing is reproducible. However, I cannot reproduce the popup-part.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Mariculous

The popup depends on the message centre options, it's not really part of the bug.
Open message centre options, tick the "transistent-" or "non-transistent  dialogue box "checkbox in the "chat" line and there you go.

Vladki

Quote from: Freahk on December 18, 2019, 09:46:30 AM
The popup depends on the message centre options, it's not really part of the bug.
Open message centre options, tick the "transistent-" or "non-transistent  dialogue box "checkbox in the "chat" line and there you go.

I did that (unticked them), but chat messages still pop-up. Maybe this part of bug is present only in extended...