News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Who has Github repositories for Simutrans-Extended?

Started by jamespetts, December 19, 2019, 01:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

I am in the process of trying to make sure that my subscriptions to people's Github repisotires is up to date so that I can pull code whenever people people push it. For the purposes of this thread, I am concerntrating on the core code rather than the pakset.
I so far have the following people who have pushed at least one update in the calendar year 2019:

• Andrew Carlotti;
  • Phystam;
  • Ranran;
  • Ves;
  • W. Lindley; and
  • Casteroid.
Ought there be anyone else on this list?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

jamespetts

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Mariculous

I did some tiny code change that you had incorporated manually and a few little commits to the pak yet.
https://github.com/irgend42

jamespetts

Quote from: Freahk on December 19, 2019, 11:00:08 AM
I did some tiny code change that you had incorporated manually and a few little commits to the pak yet.
https://github.com/irgend42

Splendid, thank you.

Vladki

I have also one, although long idle (vladki77).

Btw, what is the right way to get my repo / fork / branch up to date? 

I used to make pull requests from james's to mine, but then a pull from mine to james's would include all the duplicate commits since forking...

jamespetts

Quote from: Vladki on December 20, 2019, 11:09:09 AM
I have also one, although long idle (vladki77).

Btw, what is the right way to get my repo / fork / branch up to date? 

I used to make pull requests from james's to mine, but then a pull from mine to james's would include all the duplicate commits since forking...

Best just to pull the master into your repository before pushing the result to Guthub.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on December 20, 2019, 12:29:04 PM
Best just to pull the master into your repository before pushing the result to Guthub.

Maybe I'm too lame with git.
If I clone jamespetts/master at home computer, do some changes and pull again, it will tell me to stash away my changes.
Maybe more step-by step guide would be useful.

So far I did:
- forked jamespetts (long time ago)
- made some branches for the particular improvements I wanted to do (smokes, slopes)
- cloned my repo to home computer
- did development (git commit + git push)
- now my master and branches are many commits behind james
- how do I pull james/master if my working clone is vladki/something ?

Rollmaterial

To pull you open the Git shell and run the git pull command.

Vladki

Quote from: Rollmaterial on December 20, 2019, 01:52:06 PMIf I clone jamespetts/master at home computer, do some changes and pull again, it will tell me to stash away my changes.
What is git shell? I use linux - git on command line. But as I said before: "If I clone jamespetts/master at home computer, do some changes and pull again, it will tell me to stash away my changes. " So How do I preserve my changes before pulling from master? How can I pull from james' repo and push to mine?

Please bear with me, when I learned programming there was nothing like git. And in the mean time I was an admin, not programmer.

Rollmaterial

Then I guess you simply use git pull in the command line. The command should look like this:
git pull https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended master