News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Some more things that could be undesired.

Started by Mariculous, November 06, 2019, 02:52:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

Hey there,
I just found some more little things in the pak that may or may not be intended.

1. underground token block signals.
I guess it is realistic and intended that there are no mehanical token block signals for underground.
Though, I would expect RETB to be available underground. Don't know if that's realistic but it feels that there is no reason to not use these underground.

2. Missing livestock cars
In 1990 there is no livestock rail car available.
Also not quite sure if this is intended or not.
I am quite sure there was one available before, so if this is not intended we could simply extend availability of that one.

Spenk009

1. Underground token block signals: I don't use token block yet, but wouldn't a valid application be; one station in the centre with two platforms, single track out to terminus in each direction. This is regardless of place of track, above or under ground. Does anyone disagree? I think we should allow it

2. If you can provide evidence for these in current use and/or new vehicles for it, we can do something. I just don't think any does it anymore due to the speed and flexibility of railways compared to road vehicles. The fact that these sorts of connections "survive" that long is down to unbalanced economic simulation I would say. I'm sorry about forcing you into changing infrastructure, it's not a positive element of gameplay.

Mariculous

Yep, exactly. That's how you can use it. Currently, you always have to use one train staff cabinets for those underground sections as it is the only "long block" signalling method that can be used underground.

The second... well I already expected that. Could not finy any information about cattle wagons after ~1910apart from "special" usages that we really don't want to have ingame.

However, some sources, here quoted from en wiki state that
QuoteThe ultimate solution to these problems was to devise a method to ship dressed meats from regional packing plants to the East Coast markets in the form of a refrigerated boxcar.

Thus, we really need to rework factory placement algorithms. For some of my slaugther houses distance is fine, but for others cattle farms are on the other side of the map.

Not to mention the lack of consumers, which is always the bottleneck of industry chains that make cargo quite inprofitable if one doesn't use the public player to manually place consumers or shut down producing factories.
However, that's another point.

Mariculous

Also in the wrong corner of the forum. Wooow, what did I do there?