News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Can't save after rotation!!!

Started by spm, April 22, 2009, 11:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spm

i just play the game since 13:00 to 19:25 local time,after i rotate the map,i can't save and its replace my old save file!!!now the save file size less then 1kb,i am sure that i can't load the game back!now i pause the game and please,can i solve the stupid trouble!!!!

z9999

You have one or more bad add-ons which can't rotate. Remove them.
Or, if you want to use them, don't rotate the map.

But, breaking savegame is a bad behavior, I pointed out this before.
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=1039.msg9650#msg9650

spm

bye i game,a game i play for 2 days............

----

i think when i same the game when past half hour is very safety..........

I merged your two posts. Please use the "Modify" link to edit your posts instead of posting back-to-back :)

jamespetts

Autosave is a worthwhile feature. But I agree with Z9999 that bad data files should not cause any crashes or corruption in the game: the error should be detected in advance and handled carefully.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Dwachs

Quote from: jamespetts on April 22, 2009, 01:22:05 PM
Autosave is a worthwhile feature. But I agree with Z9999 that bad data files should not cause any crashes or corruption in the game: the error should be detected in advance and handled carefully.
this would mean, that map rotation has to be forbidden if only one bad data file is present.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jamespetts

It could mean that. It could also mean that the bad data files will be skipped and ignored by the game. Either is better than corruption or instability.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

VS

In this case, can simply rotating back make the game save?

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

jamespetts

If it can, the error message is misleading and needs changing, since it claims that it cannot save in any rotation.

prissi

Rotation is forbidden for such map in recent versions. However, I can make an addon (like the very old fish swarm of pak128, that is not saveable, since it defines tile (0,0) as empty. This way lead to crashes during industry growth in the old versions and this warning in the new versions.

By the way, this error is only produced when loading an old rotated map and then industry growth happens.

Dwachs

Quote from: VS on April 22, 2009, 03:10:26 PM

not if meanwhile another unrotable object is built :(
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

Actually simutrans test if a new industry is built an tries to rotate map to a position that seems safe for all buildings. But as I said there are buildings, when built, that are never rotatable, like the pak128 fish swarm in rotation 1. (This was not built in old version, since on water always rotation 0 was used, thus is was dormant for a long time).

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

spm

Quote from: VS on April 22, 2009, 03:10:26 PM
i tried to save in any rotate,it still can't.

prissi

Any factory must have a non-empty tile (0,0) in any rotation. If it has not, then this gme is not saveable at all. I do not know the status of pak128 in this regard. But the fish swarm is imho the only irregular industry (i.e. with whole) and thus the only candidate.

Other problems are addons htat state the have all tiles defined for both rotations but actually never defined them at all. Those building will produce unsaveable maps after rotation.