News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Stephenson-Siemens

Started by Mariculous, January 01, 2020, 12:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

It is a current bug. You need to force connect using the above described method.

Ranran(retired)

I may not have time to reply until next week due to my family's illness, but has the mismatch been resolved?
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Vladki

Ranran(retired)

I further investigated the pakset mismatch.

pak.sweden did not show much mismatch and were entirely vehicles but not related to any particular parameters.
Also, there is a case where a mismatch is determined and a case where a mismatch is not determined even for the same vehicle.

Judging from that, I speculated that it was a problem related to the timeline related to future vehicle information.
is_future has been expanded to two levels in future vehicle information.
It is helpful to confirm if the following fixes resolve the issue.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on February 10, 2020, 01:53:00 PM
I further investigated the pakset mismatch.

pak.sweden did not show much mismatch and were entirely vehicles but not related to any particular parameters.
Also, there is a case where a mismatch is determined and a case where a mismatch is not determined even for the same vehicle.

Judging from that, I speculated that it was a problem related to the timeline related to future vehicle information.
is_future has been expanded to two levels in future vehicle information.
It is helpful to confirm if the following fixes resolve the issue.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for this - now incorporated.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Sorry, the countermeasures did not seem to be effective. (´・ω・`)
I am investigating the possibility of a matter when can_lead_from_rear = 0.

Mariculous

Listservers and stephenson-siemens down or is this some kind of DNS error here?

Matthew

I can't access Stephenson-Siemens either. I get a freeze when I click on the network icon. With Freahk's loading cheat the freeze is after the pakset has loaded.

GDB reports:
0x00007ffff7bc7777 in __libc_connect (fd=20, addr=..., len=16) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/connect.c:26
26 ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/connect.c: No such file or directory.

Backtrace:
#0  0x00007ffff7bc7777 in __libc_connect (fd=20, addr=..., len=16) at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/connect.c:26
#1  0x00000000005cd79f in ?? ()
#2  0x00000000005d8c56 in ?? ()
#3  0x0000000000773d53 in ?? ()
#4  0x0000000000711e4b in ?? ()
#5  0x0000000000725597 in ?? ()
#6  0x00007ffff6748b97 in __libc_start_main (main=0x410130 <main>, argc=7, argv=0x7fffffffdfb8, init=<optimised out>, fini=<optimised out>,
    rtld_fini=<optimised out>, stack_end=0x7fffffffdfa8) at ../csu/libc-start.c:310
#7  0x0000000000410199 in ?? ()

(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Vladki

Hello, the server is completely down. I have already asked Isaac what's going on. Sorry but I can't do anything about it at the moment.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Yes, the server is down. I'm working on a replacement.

Vladki

Whoever has the last save, please share it.

Mariculous

I had a quick look at the server on 18th February at 13:00, it's April 2001 at roughly 5:38:46 ingame.
Anyone got a later save?

I cannot attach the save to the forums due to size restrictions but I might send it by mail.

Matthew

This save is from Tuesday 18 February at ~0430 CET. Earlier than Freahk's, but available now if that helps.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Mariculous

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I have the replacement and had intended to give necessary access, but I started a new job and that has caused schedule delays. But I do have the next three days off, so I will be working on it. I do apologize for the delay.

Also, It is unknown if this server will be able to host a game. I hope it will be, but I'm unsure until it's tried.

Mariculous

Don't hurry and no need to apologize!
I greatly appreciate the effort and just wanted to know if there are some serious issues

It's all right. If the server cannot host the game, I might have a suitable server ;)

Ranran(retired)

I proceeded to investigate the pakset mismatch issue.

I found a rail way vehicle that displays different formation pictures in network mode and offline mode.
This seems to happen on the side where bidirectional = 0 and no constraint is set.
From this I presumed that the related variables were not initialized correctly and fixed that.

I threw a pull request.
It would be helpful to confirm if this fix resolves the mismatch. (´・ω・`)

In addition, the typo of help text has been modified in one place.

Vladki

The list server is up and running. I will try restoring the stephenson-siemens game when the nightly pakset build is fixed (i.e. when makeobj is fixed)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Thank you all for your incredible patience with me. I am quite confident that the server situation will now be stable for the foreseeable.

Mariculous

Quote from: Vladki on March 31, 2020, 08:36:00 PMI will try restoring the stephenson-siemens game when the nightly pakset build is fixed
Wait! That means it will be running on the new servers? I did not expect this tbh but that's awesome news!

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on April 01, 2020, 04:17:24 PMThank you all for your incredible patience with me.
Thank you for hosting all these services!

Vladki

Quote from: Freahk on April 01, 2020, 08:28:14 PMWait! That means it will be running on the new servers? I did not expect this tbh but that's awesome news!
Yes (if the hardware has enough power).

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm hopeful that it will be enough; I've just learned to try and keep my hopes in check these days. heh. :|

Vladki

Stephenson-Siemens is up again.

Thanks to Isaaac for providing the hardware, and to James for coding and fixing bugs...
I'll try to put some easter eggs there ;)

Mariculous

The server does not seem to be up-to-date.

Vladki

Updated. I forgot to set up the automatic updater, now fixed.

Mariculous

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: Vladki on April 08, 2020, 07:18:41 PMIsaaac

Please don't take this as a complaint - I am rather amused. Most misspellings are "Issac". I've never seen "Isaaac" before. It helps make up for some of the "Issac" instances. XD

Okay, so I'm really really hoping this game does work. Sounds like it's not failing so far, at least!

Vladki

Not failing but quite a lot of desyncs, especially when someone is connecting, it kicks out the previous player.

Vladki

Stephenson-Siemens server is officially down.
- there were no regular players visiting
- the game was already in future, so no new vehicles, only obsolescence of older ones
- the nightly builds requires more recent glibc than available on the server
The last save is here: http://list.extended.simutrans.org/~simutrans/debug-saves/Stephenson-siemens.sve

If the library issue is solved I may run some other map in the future (e.g. wienna-krakow-budapest)

freddyhayward

Quote from: Vladki on January 02, 2021, 11:04:59 PM
Stephenson-Siemens server is officially down.
- there were no regular players visiting
- the game was already in future, so no new vehicles, only obsolescence of older ones
- the nightly builds requires more recent glibc than available on the server
The last save is here: http://list.extended.simutrans.org/~simutrans/debug-saves/Stephenson-siemens.sve

If the library issue is solved I may run some other map in the future (e.g. wienna-krakow-budapest)
I hope to see it again soon - it is good to have a smaller alternative to bridgewater-brunel, especially for new players and low-end PCs.

jamespetts

It would be good to see this up and running again with the library issue solved. Are you not able to set up the server to compile its own binary?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Vladki

Quote from: jamespetts on January 02, 2021, 11:18:00 PMIt would be good to see this up and running again with the library issue solved. Are you not able to set up the server to compile its own binary?
The server is provided by Isaac (thank you). And has some other duties too, so I did not want to install compiler, and devel libraries, etc... But if Isaac would not mind, I can set it up to build it's own nightlies.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm hosting a game? See how much I pay attention! lol.

The only thing I use that server for is server backups, so the resources can be pretty freely used otherwise. I know it's not a fast server, but if it's fast enough to run a game, awesome :)

Vladki

Thanks to Isaac for upgrading the server to ubuntu 20.04, so we can run the pre-compiled nightlies by James.  Stephenson-Siemes is up again, but I'm looking forward to replace it with a new map.

jamespetts

Quote from: Vladki on January 04, 2021, 08:24:13 PM
Thanks to Isaac for upgrading the server to ubuntu 20.04, so we can run the pre-compiled nightlies by James.  Stephenson-Siemes is up again, but I'm looking forward to replace it with a new map.

Excellent! A new map is probably a good idea so that people can start afresh. I suspect that you can afford to make the map a little bigger than the previous one.