News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Chinese player's question about public stops

Started by Matthew, January 21, 2020, 10:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

A new Chinese member of the forum has asked a question about public stops. As I rarely play Standard, I thought it was best to translate it here so others can comment.

Quote from: inemlep on January 21, 2020, 07:59:15 AMI am a new person, please give me a hint whether the newest version has cancelled the setting for merging public stops.

I'm trying to use a bridge to link up off-shore oil fields, discovering in the process that the stops on the bridge can't become public and merge with the oil field stops. Ships aren't permitted to consider the whole unit as an anchorage, right?
... From what I remember it used to be possible.

BTW I have asked for clarification that this really is about public-player stops, as bus stops are often called "public stops" in Mandarin. For example, do they want to merge "Oil rig" with "Brent stop" here?:

(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Leartin

Sometimes it's a bit weird, but it's generally possible still.

In this particular case, the stop is too far away. Try to build a bridge through the oil rig, or a multitile harbour (eg. with the lighthouse) to get close enough.
Note that once you are close enough, you don't really need to make it a public stop anymore since the oil rig would be in reach either way,

prissi

There was a little code added to avoid such exploits for oil fields. But making a harbour and merging the stops could work.

However, the tolls were indeed separated, merging and making public are now two separate tools.

Matthew

Quote from: Leartin on January 21, 2020, 10:58:21 AM
Sometimes it's a bit weird, but it's generally possible still.

In this particular case, the stop is too far away. Try to build a bridge through the oil rig, or a multitile harbour (eg. with the lighthouse) to get close enough.
Note that once you are close enough, you don't really need to make it a public stop anymore since the oil rig would be in reach either way,

Thank you Leartin, I am able to reproduce the method of building a bridge through the oil rig. The "Brent branch stop" in my screenshot is not connected to the oil rig, but if I extend it with a harbour, then it is connected. As you said, weird!

Quote from: prissi on January 21, 2020, 02:38:41 PM
There was a little code added to avoid such exploits for oil fields. But making a harbour and merging the stops could work.

However, the tolls were indeed separated, merging and making public are now two separate tools.

Thank you, that would explain the user's problem. I tried 120.2.2 and they still work as one tool. So you can think they have become one tool since then, right?
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

prissi

There was an extra tool added to separate make public and merging in 121.0 But of course not all pakset have it.

Leartin

Note that 121.0 was never announced on the forum, so it's quite possible that an older version was used. Might be I accidentially used an older nightly when testing my answer, too.