News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Heights above 33 show up but are unselectable

Started by CK, January 24, 2020, 09:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK

I have a map with heights above 33, but the cursor seemingly ignores parts of the map of which the height is above 33, as if they were located off-map. I can't find anything on these boards or in the help system on maximum heights, but it appears to be hardcoded. Cities above the limit do appear to function and look correctly.

jamespetts

I believe that this may be the same in Standard; can anyone confirm?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

I believe this has not changed from the standard. Because the OTRP patch claims to extend this limit to 64.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Mariculous

Matthew

Last year I tried to make a spreadsheet that would normalize old-style PPMs into the new-style acceptable range of map values, but I didn't succeed yet. I guess that normalization of arbitrary maps to the new range would be another way to solve this problem.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

CK

Quote from: Ranran on January 29, 2020, 11:38:30 AM
I believe this has not changed from the standard. Because the OTRP patch claims to extend this limit to 64.
I vaguely recall reading that it was a limit in Standard (because of drawing issues, which don't seem to be evident), so I concur. Do you mean that the limit would go from 33 to 64?

Mariculous

I don't think we can go for -64.
The reason for this is indeed drawing.
Even -32 disapperas around the screen borders whilst still on screen.

I guess making this work properly would require a slightly different approch of what will be drawed, properly comsidering the height.

I would expect it to apply the same way for heights above 32, although I did not test that case.

CK

Quote from: Freahk on February 25, 2020, 06:20:03 PM
I don't think we can go for -64.
The reason for this is indeed drawing.
Even -32 disapperas around the screen borders whilst still on screen.

I guess making this work properly would require a slightly different approch of what will be drawed, properly comsidering the height.

I would expect it to apply the same way for heights above 32, although I did not test that case.
Heights above 32 appear properly, or at least the city traffic is doing so. The cursor offset which becomes evident at heights around 30 is probably the sole problem, although something major seems to have been changed between Standard and Extended because there is no maximum_height in settings.cc (or it's because I don't really understand diff files very well), so this patch probably won't apply