News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[Bug] Vehicles can enter unsupported depot

Started by Ranran(retired), January 25, 2020, 12:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

For example, EMU can enter the depot of a steam locomotive by setting another schedule just before entering the depot.

This saved game is a scene where EMU is about to make a trespass.
Several DMUs and EMUs have already entered that depot illegally.  ::-\
Especially some EMUs are stored and cannot escape from them forever because they are already ghosts. Depot says five vehicles are currently stored, but no one can see three of them...  ???
Also, that steam depot can't be destroyed due to the haunted ghost. Oh my pig, the depot is cursed! (´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Vladki

In the depot you have the option to append/insert/upgrade/sell.  Switch to sell, and you should be able to get rid of those vehicles (and the depot subsequently)..  The fact that vehicles can enter the wrong depot is on purpose. Imagine you want to upgrade from steam to diesel or electric engines, but you want to preserve the carriages. How else would you do it? Send the steam engine to modern depot, sell the engine and use the carriages with modern engine.

However I would like to see one small change. Currently you can dispatch a non-matching vehicle from depot, as long as it is part of assembled convoy. Once you disassemble, you can only sell it. It would be nice to be able to use stored non-matching vehicles into a convoy and dispatch them. However it should be forbidden to buy them.

Ranran(retired)

QuoteIn the depot you have the option to append/insert/upgrade/sell.  Switch to sell, and you should be able to get rid of those vehicles (and the depot subsequently)..
No, EMUs removed at Steam depot are not available for sale. Because Electric tab will not appear in the steam depot. It remains there forever. You can check it in that saved game.

QuoteImagine you want to upgrade from steam to diesel or electric engines, but you want to preserve the carriages. How else would you do it? Send the steam engine to modern depot, sell the engine and use the carriages with modern engine.
At least it is currently infeasible. Maintaining convoy as you wish and switching to another engine cannot be done in the depot that is not compatible with the base convoy. Because if you remove it from the convoy, you can't select or sell it forever, but you can't change the formation without it. There is no way to sell only a selection of assembled convoys. Either sell them all or remove it from convoy before selling. The latter is not possible here. (The vehicle becomes a ghost.) If you sell convoy in bulk, it will no longer be maintained and will disappear.
However, it is possible to exchange engine type while maintaining the convoy with the replace dialog. But note that this raises another bug.

Mariculous

check the "show all" checkbox, so the other tabs will also be shown, I guess this way selling the trains should work.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Freahk on January 25, 2020, 04:51:55 PMcheck the "show all" checkbox, so the other tabs will also be shown, I guess this way selling the trains should work.
I don't think so. Please check that saved game.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report.

I should be interested in players' views as to whether the correct fix for this would be not allowing vehicles to enter depots of a different traction type, or whether rather the correct fix would be to allow limited actions (e.g. selling) of vehicles which have an incompatible traction type.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

My opinion is that only buying and upgrading of incompatible vehicles should be forbidden. All other operations should be allowed.

Rollmaterial

Quote from: Vladki on January 25, 2020, 08:35:16 PM
My opinion is that only buying and upgrading of incompatible vehicles should be forbidden. All other operations should be allowed.
I +1 that.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Vladki on January 25, 2020, 08:35:16 PMMy opinion is that only buying and upgrading of incompatible vehicles should be forbidden. All other operations should be allowed.
I agree. Upgrade operations such as replacing a steam engine with a diesel engine or replacing a diesel engine with an electric motor should be allowed if the depot support upgrade vehicle's engine type. I don't think there is a good reason to prohibit simply changing its order. Also it would be no problem to scrap it in an unsupported depot.

Mariculous

I agree with Vladki for now.
The "for now" is with planned vehicle availability/depot visit and overhaul in mind, which for sure should not be possible in the wrong depot type.

Vladki

Sure, planned overhauls should happen only in matching depot.
I thought also about making it impossible to destroy the last depot if you still have vehicles of that type. But realized it would just cause more troubles than necessary.

Mariculous

Quote from: Vladki on January 26, 2020, 11:26:08 AMI thought also about making it impossible to destroy the last depot if you still have vehicles of that type.
Depots of a specific type should be availible up to a few years after the last vehicle of that type became obsolete imho.
I don't know if this currently is already the case.

Ranran(retired)

It turns out that we can use the "copy convoy" button to copy a type of convoy not supported by the depot.
That is, EMUs can be manufactured in the depot which only supports steam engine.   :::)

Ranran(retired)

Nostalgic thread, it will be dug back. m9(´・ω・`)
There were some issues here, now I try to solve them one by one.

First, I made it possible to purify the ghost vehicles trapped in the depot.  :police:

I threw a pull request so please check it.
https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended/pull/161

Then open this saved game in the first post.
You can see that it is now possible to clean the three vehicles from the depot. Well, Ghost Vehicles are just become visible iron scrap.
Now you can remove that cursed depot.  :thumbsup: GHOST BUSTERS!!