The International Simutrans Forum

Author Topic: Scheduling problems  (Read 175 times)

Offline Vladki

• Devotee
    • My addons, mostly roadsigns, pak128.cs
  • Languages: EN, CS
Scheduling problems
« on: January 26, 2020, 02:05:50 PM »
Now on stephenson siemens game - as player Great Beltwell railroad - there are three train lines in the north, all scheduled at 14/month with 0 offset, and yet the trains do not depart at the same time. Just as if the offset is randomised by several minutes

Offline jamespetts

• Simutrans-Extended project coordinator
  • Cake baker
    • Bridgewater-Brunel
  • Languages: EN
Re: Scheduling problems
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 02:12:36 PM »
Given that the server game will inevitably move on and this may no longer be the state when I have an opportunity to look into this, would you be able to upload a saved game where the trains are very shortly before they should depart so that I can look into this? I should be most grateful.

Offline Vladki

• Devotee
    • My addons, mostly roadsigns, pak128.cs
  • Languages: EN, CS
Re: Scheduling problems
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 04:45:40 PM »
It seems to happen on save/reload or when there are some missed departures. I have loaded an autosave of the server game, and the departures were not synced. Saved again here: http://list.extended.simutrans.org/debug-saves/departures.sve

After loading quickly pause. See that the time is 22:31, and trains are scheduled to depart every 27:25 minutes, however train from coatingdon terminal (airport) has just departed, and another train is scheduled to wait for 25:57 minutes. Same is at turningford - that train just nearly missed the departure, but in fact it should have almost 5 minutes to reverse (and it can reverse i 1 minute). Only train at lininglow is scheduled properly - it is still waiting for 2:31 minutes + 2 minutes reversal so will probably depart as it should (well it departed maybe 10 seconds earlier)

If you let the game run a bit further a delayed train will arrive at lakebourne, and will set the timer to the same time as trains in coatingdon and turningford.

Next departure should be 54:50, but all EMUs (lakebourne, coatingdon and turningford) will depart at 49:36, only train from lininglow will depart on time.

IMHO it seems as if the reversal time is not properly accounted for (departing 5 minuts earlier seems like that long reversal time was expected, but then not needed).