News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Disable industry spawning

Started by accord2, February 02, 2020, 11:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

Hi,

In my current game I'm trying to place everything by myself, every city (and it's buildings), as roads, rivers and industries are placed manually. But sometimes industries spawn, is there any way of disabling it?
I was looking at the simuconf file and I found industry_increase_every = 2000 , I turned it to 0 but they keep spawning. How does this feature works? Is there any way of solving my problem?
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

Mariculous

afaik industry_increase_every is not used in extended currently.
If it is used, you should try to set it to a very high number.
# when a city reaches 2^n times of this number
# then a factory is extended, or a new factory chain is spawned
#industry_increase_every = 2000

The industry density is determined at map creation time so if you set 0 industries when creating a map, there should not be any industries spawning from my understanding.
However, this is not quite well-documented but I guess James knows the internals.

Jando

Quote from: Freahk on February 02, 2020, 12:29:50 PMThe industry density is determined at map creation time so if you set 0 industries when creating a map, there should not be any industries spawning from my understanding.

This kinda works. However: when new industries become available (I've seen it with power plants) the game can spawn the plants and their supply chain although the map was created with zero industries.

accord2

Quote from: Jando on February 02, 2020, 04:52:32 PM
This kinda works. However: when new industries become available (I've seen it with power plants) the game can spawn the plants and their supply chain although the map was created with zero industries.

Yes, I have seen this too.

accord2

So I tried with the biggest number it allows me to use "100000" and industries keep spawning :/
Maybe James could explain or add some explanation for this feature in the simuconf file .

jamespetts

The increase_industry_every is still used in Extended, but the industry density system is the main system used now; thus, the increase_industry_every setting can be disabled and industries will still spawn on the basis of the industry density. If you start with no industries at all, the industry density proportion will be zero, and thus no further industries will spawn, apart from power stations (and industries necessary to supply them) as their spawning logic is based on electricity demand.

If anyone would like to code a simuconf.tab setting to disable all industry spawning, I should be happy to include it, but this is not a priority for my work at present.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.