News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

basic Cmake support and makeobj bugfix waiting for incorporation

Started by Mariculous, October 16, 2020, 05:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Thank you for this. I have actually just merged Ceeac's version of this, which I believe is somewhat more comprehensive. I should be grateful if you could check the current master and let me know whether anything is missing from that that is in your version that needs to be included.

Thank you for your work on this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Quote from: Freahk on October 16, 2020, 06:29:14 PM
Obviously, the makeobj bugfix commit is missing.
https://github.com/irgend42/simutrans-extended/commit/e933b4e74abd750648d607363e31a11ebda3150d
A little code cleanup comes along with it.

Thank you. I have now cherry-picked that fix. A general merge had conflicts with the CMake implementation by Ceeac.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

The extended cmake file just build for linux only. May I ask why then cmake was added? I played with cmake too, but on mingw it does not work properly, at least for windows and cross compiling.

Mariculous

I originally created the very basic CMakeLists.txt only for IDE support, so I can access the debug tools more comfortably.
When Freddy decided to use the same IDE, I decided to include it in the project, as it might be useful for any further devs running a non Microsoft IDE on Linux.

According to his response on my PR in august, it's meant to eventually replace the two other build systems, but the work on it is not yet finished.
There still seems to be progress on that branch, the last one mentioning something about Windows, so I'd expect Windows support to be a thing, which might or might not work properly yet.

What do you mean by "cmake does not work on mingw"? That's quite contrary to the idea of CMake, which is to provide a platform independent build system.

prissi

Msys2 cmake claims to be Linux for many default Cmake files. Ergo not working.

The official cmake was unable to make a makefile for Mingw, when I tried. I gave up after two days, since I had better things to do with my time. Compared to configure, Cmake is a horrible mess originally only made for windows, while configure and make works on almost any system that has a posix shell (i.e. anything after 1996 or so).