News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Timeline of fence and slope

Started by Ranran(retired), February 11, 2020, 12:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

Hello. (´・ω・`)
Currently a pakset can have only one fence and slope.
But I think they have different appearances depending on the times.

Sometimes it creates weird mismatches because the buildings change from age to age but they do not.
For example, a green iron fence in ancient era or exposed slope below skyscraper.

For example, create the following and set them to intro_year:
Wooden fence, white painted wooden fence, iron fence
Bare slope, stone wall, brick slope, concrete slope

Adding them to the pakset is much easier than drawing a single building.
If the pakset author doesn't want to do that, it's still fine. This is just an option.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

prissi

Since fences are not stored in the map (same as slopes) they are not really objects. However, it would be very easy to change all slopes and fences on a single day. Having individual fences would require a lot of extra logic (although it would also make drawing a little easier). Individual slopes will be even more difficult.

This is something, like making the sideway a real wayobject and not a background, which is long on my todo list.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for the commentary.

Quote from: prissi on February 11, 2020, 01:59:54 AMSince fences are not stored in the map (same as slopes) they are not really objects. However, it would be very easy to change all slopes and fences on a single day. Having individual fences would require a lot of extra logic (although it would also make drawing a little easier). Individual slopes will be even more difficult.
Storing differences for each tile seems to require a lot of work. However, I think that there is a certain worth even if it is changed collectively for each era (like the image changes with the season).
Another way to make the difference is to set the condition that the slope below the building or way will have the latest image, and the tile fence adjacent to the building or way will have the new fence applied.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

makie

I think it is no need for storing different slope, basement and fences. Let them change on a single day.
I would like to have seasons for slope and basement. Especially because of the snow for true mountains.

I can generate mountains with slops but without snow this look not fine.

Mariculous

These mountains are really impressive! I have never seen something like this before!

DrSuperGood

Those mountains look like the biggest pain imaginable to build around. Practically not a single tile that does not require being terraformed manually lol.

As people have suggested, maybe making the fence graphics used change with year or season might work. Would not require storing information per tile.

makie

Quote from: DrSuperGood on February 11, 2020, 04:18:24 PM
Those mountains look like the biggest pain imaginable to build around. Practically not a single tile that does not require being terraformed manually lol.
The high data are from NASA.
The picture shows the Mittenwald Railway between Seefeld and Innsbruck with climbing the "Martin's wall"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mittenwald_Railway

and  yes
in real, it was expensive  "terraforming" necessary to build this railway

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: DrSuperGood on February 11, 2020, 04:18:24 PMThose mountains look like the biggest pain imaginable to build around. Practically not a single tile that does not require being terraformed manually lol.

As someone who plays with -freeplay, those mountains look like amazing fun :)

Yona-TYT

@Isaac, I wanted to give the image "I like", but I think it's broken or something.  ::'(
Quote from: makie on February 11, 2020, 10:14:18 AMI think it is no need for storing different slope, basement and fences. Let them change on a single day. I would like to have seasons for slope and basement. Especially because of the snow for true mountains. I can generate mountains with slops but without snow this look not fine.