News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[BUG] Train waiting for clearance forever

Started by Mariculous, February 17, 2020, 04:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

What happened?
On Stepehenson-Siemens in the new Tunnel station deep under Mapleinghall Airport, roughly every second Train of the IC4 line towards Coatingdon will depart, continue to the signal at the end of the platform and wait there for clearance for a long time, although the track is cleared much earlyer.
It becomes even stranger. Sometimes one can observe passengers towards Panfont entering the train.
Opening and closing the schedule will immediately let the train continue.

This may or may not be ralated to busses sometimes waiting for clearance for a long time although the road is clear, which can also be fixed by opening and closing the schedule.

The bad news about this: I could not prepare a minimal reproduction case for this, nor can I upload a map as huge as stepehenson-siemens to the forums.
Maybe Vladki could kindly share a recent stephenson-siemens autosave, so I can at least give an exact time when this will happen in that save.

Matthew

Well, maybe I can upload the map to help. Although I could not maintain a connection to the Stephenson-Siemens server (I get a segmentation fault after a few seconds), this is the save that downloaded before the crash. But it doesn't have an airport train IC4, only an IC3, and I could not reproduce the bug at Mapleinghall Airport either, even though I also see it in my own (offline) game recently.

By the way, Freahk, I highly approve of your airport naming policy.  :thumbsup: I too am grateful to all those who've contributed so much to Simutrans.
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Mariculous

Yes, it's the IC3, sorry. I just renamed it recently and confused it.
Freddy and me are connected, so I don't know what's going on :/

Edit: It can still be observed in current stephenson-siemens save. It seems to appear when the train cannot appear because the track is not yet clear. It won't continue as soon as the track is cleared.

Quote from: Matthew on February 18, 2020, 04:40:15 AMI highly approve of your airport naming policy
I am running out of triplet names :D

jamespetts

Given at the server is now offline, I do not have access to a reproduction case. If anyone can upload a reproduction case for this, this would be appreciated. Thank you.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

I'm not sure if this is the same as the one posted here.
However, currently token block signaling does not work properly, and it can be reliably reproduced by demo.sve. Please check it.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed this - I should be grateful if people could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.