News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

LSWR eight compartment carriages (1896) can't be converted to front DM

Started by CK, February 18, 2020, 01:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK

The LSWR six and eight compartment carriages from October 1896 can't be converted into front driving motor carriages for the LSWR suburban EMU, but they can be converted into rear driving motor and trailer carriages. It does seem to be working normally for LBSCR carriages.

Spenk009

Fixed, pull request here

Cause was that upgrades were doubly allowing the rear EMU vehicle rather than each front and rear.

Matthew

Quote from: Spenk009 on February 18, 2020, 02:51:50 PM
Fixed, pull request here

Cause was that upgrades were doubly allowing the rear EMU vehicle rather than each front and rear.

Thank you for fixing the problem so quickly. 90 minutes is a pretty impressive response time for any project!
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

Spenk009

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

CK

The same mistake appears to have been made with the 3Sub upgrades

Spenk009

My apologies for leaving this so long. I've looked at the issue and a fix (with Pull Request) can be found here.

I have noticed that there are many vehicles that allow an upgrade to SR 3-SUB for the front and rear vehicles, but don't allow this for the trailer (centre) vehicles. This is the case for SR-4* vehicles and some LSWR ones, for example. Would it make sense to allow a conversion of the first trailer vehicle or even extending the availability of the centre vehicle for players wishing to make late conversions?