News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Modern citybuildings

Started by freddyhayward, February 23, 2020, 04:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddyhayward

I understand that the pakset is limited to the amount of time and content people are willing to contribute. But there is a lack of high and medium density citybuildings after the 1980s, especially apartment and office towers. While this period has seen massive amounts of suburban expansion with detached, semi-detached and row housing, central city development has also continued.

jamespetts

If anyone would like to volunteer to create some, that would be splendid.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Matthew

Thank you for the suggestion. It has occurred to me that if my dream of 19th century multi-tile city buildings ever comes to pass, then I would have to make some later buildings as well (because multi-tiles can only be renovated by other multi-tiles). So I will bear this idea in mind. Though I' also note that the largest town in Stephenson-Siemens is 25,000 people. I don't think there are many British towns of 25,000 that have many buildings over four stories....  :question:
(Signature being tested) If you enjoy playing Simutrans, then you might also enjoy watching Japan Railway Journal
Available in English and simplified Chinese
如果您喜欢玩Simutrans的话,那么说不定就想看《日本铁路之旅》(英语也有简体中文字幕)。

freddyhayward

In the meantime, couldn't some taller buildings currently set to retire in the 1980s-90s be instead made available indefinitely?