News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

r8588 Win 10 pak128 - Steam Version (120.4) has no Sound Whatsoever

Started by BiFSXFan99, February 25, 2020, 11:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiFSXFan99

On older non-steam builds I can get the sounds, but on the latest steam version I get no sounds (but I get music). In-game and launcher options checked accordingly, and the sounds.tab files are the same between builds. I tried downloading sdl2_sounc_cc.diff as suggested by an older post, but I didn't know where to put it. Do sounds just not work on the steam version? I was playing on 111.0 non-steam prior to upgrading.

prissi

The non steam versions do have sound. Since the latest version is not on steam (we have no control over the steam builds), I would suggest to use this version instead. Espeically on windows, teh installer take care of updating pak sets as well: https://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/simutrans/simutrans-online-install.exe/download

BiFSXFan99

Ooof, I was really hoping to use a steam version, but I'll definitely use the linked version. Hopefully, whenever whoever does have control of the steam builds decides to update the newest version to steam, we can see if the issue persists. Thank you for the help.