News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[online-install] NSIS Error

Started by Mishasama, February 29, 2020, 10:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mishasama

Error launching installer

OS: Windows 10 Edition 48 64-bit (Windows NT 10.0) build 17134
OS Language: Japanese
non-Unicode: Shift-JIS

Maybe you should update NSIS to the Unicode version.
Because of some reason. I am looking for volunteers who can help me update the Pak64.Nightly.

I'm helping to build the Chinese community for now.
如果您是使用中文的玩家,歡迎到這裏尋找同好或張貼您們組織的聯係方式。
如果你是中文玩家,欢迎来这个帖子里找组织或者贴出你们的联系方式。

prissi

I am using a Japanese Windows10 (build 18363) and it works for me. Maybe you have a Virus scanner that is overeager and blocks NSIS installer downloads. Some plugins I need have no Unicode version, but this should not be a problem, since the filenames should be all ASCII, otherwise there is trouble in many OS. (But honestly, the last time I had such troubles was with a Japanese Windows SE in 2004, until the "factory.Möbelfabrik.pak" in pak64 was renamed.)

Mishasama

Quote from: prissi on March 01, 2020, 07:45:58 AM
I am using a Japanese Windows10 (build 18363) and it works for me. Maybe you have a Virus scanner that is overeager and blocks NSIS installer downloads. Some plugins I need have no Unicode version, but this should not be a problem, since the filenames should be all ASCII, otherwise there is trouble in many OS. (But honestly, the last time I had such troubles was with a Japanese Windows SE in 2004, until the "factory.Möbelfabrik.pak" in pak64 was renamed.)

I found the problem.
It can't run under non English path... e.g. C:\Users\Admin\downloads\ゲーム\
Because of some reason. I am looking for volunteers who can help me update the Pak64.Nightly.

prissi

Strange, windows should then return a short path in case of ANSI calls, instead failing. That means I have to change to unicode capable plucings (actually only the cab of Japan128 is incompible right now).

Mishasama

Quote from: prissi on March 02, 2020, 12:55:42 AM
Strange, windows should then return a short path in case of ANSI calls, instead failing. That means I have to change to unicode capable plucings (actually only the cab of Japan128 is incompible right now).

err... I mean the NSIS based installer can't run properly under non English path.
It may have the same problem with the game, but I don't know, I'm playing the Steam version, and update it manually on that English only path.

prissi

The game uses the windows short path handling capabilities and can run with Unicode paths (as said, I tested with Simutrans in a non-ANSI named home directory some time ago).

The problem is that not all plugins in NSIS are available for Unicode, especially cab is not. There is another cab plugin, so I will look into that.

prissi

So far the theory. However, even if there is no short name, is still a "short" path returned in ANSI characters, which is the only thing we care. Anyhow, I will have a look at the installer.

prissi

The current installer uses unicode, since there are now plugins for everything. I am not sure about the nightly though, since it is a debian built.