News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

FATAL ERROR: loadsave_t::rdwr_xml_number() - expected "<i8>", got "</u>"

Started by mineu, March 07, 2020, 09:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mineu

Hallo,
beim Starten von Simutrans 121.0 erhalte ich folgenden Fehler FATAL ERROR: loadsave_t::rdwr_xml_number() - expected "<i8>", got "".
Die settings.xml ist gelöscht und saves sind auch keine vorhanden. Hat noch jemand eine Idee?

when starting Simutrans 121.0 I get the following error FATAL ERROR: loadsave_t::rdwr_xml_number() - expected "<i8>", got "".
The settings.xml is deleted and saves are not available. Does anyone else have an idea?

Gruss und Dank vom
Cheers and thanks

Michael

OS Ubuntu 19.10

prissi

Delete a second file, deauflt.sve. Or all files (not directories) in .simutrans (or where you found  settings.xml)

mineu

moin Prissi,

did not help. Created a new playgame with nightly 8953 and PAK_German182_v1.2. This worked now.

Thx for help

Michael

MHD

Hmmm...after several years of muting Simutrans, I installed 1.2.1 on a "virgin" system. I used the online Installer for Windows with 4 paksets (64, 128German, 128CS, 192Comic).My system is WIN10 x64 on an Acer Notebook Aspire E17.

I experienced exactly the same Fatal Error message as above without having installed anything than the vanilla described above.
I tried to disable any paksets, but nevertheless the error message didn't disappear. I tried with today's nightly, the same. There are no mentioned xml / sve Files in the installation folders.
Honestly, I am somewhat desperate now, as I tried all variations of running the .exe for hours. Any idea, what could help?
Cheers

MHD

MHD

After playing around further, I found out, that Version 120.4.1 was working being installed as described above. Then, I finally found a solution to run 121 without fatal error:
In the included pak128.german being installed with the online installer, there are three sve-Savegames:

• PAK128German_MitOEPNV.sve
  • PAK128German_Start.sve
  • PAK128GermanOEPNV1950.sve
When I removed these three sve-Files, the Version 121 was running.
Maybe it would be a good idea to distribute the pak128.german without these 3 files for the 121 version...
MHD
Edit: This worked once. Finally, I found %user/simutrans entries for default.sve and config.tab. I removed both and it works again...(as I installed the portable variant, I didn't expect the userpath entries...)

adamninja

MHD : Dekuji / Thanks :)
It didnt work even if I didnt installed pak German. I deleted files in Simutrans folder in Documents. Now it works :)