News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Build 14.9 #9e68c40 No Pakset Found

Started by dannyliux, March 31, 2020, 03:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyliux

I just updated the game using the java updater, and after it's finished, the game can no longer be launched.
When I run either the 32 or 64-bit exe, the game window launches into a black screen, and a window pop up to prompt that 'Windows cannot find "download-paksets.exe". After clicking 'ok', a 'Fatal error' pops up to tell me that there's 'No pak set found', telling me that I have no paksets installed and to download some. After acknowledging that, the game quit.
To try to solve this, I downloaded 'Simutrans-Extended-Complete.zip' from the bridgewater-brunel file server. No luck, same errors. Then, I decided to download the 'pak128.britain-ex-nightly.tar.gz' pakset file, and extracted it into the Simutrans extended folder. The game still returns the same errors.
Any ideas why this might be happening? I'm not really experienced at programming and such, so I can't compile the code myself to test further.
Also, I've noticed that the pakset folders seem much emptier than before. There used to be a lot of .pak files in there, but now they are mostly gone.

Vladki

the pakset has to be extracted into subdirectory with its name: ie ~/simutrans/pak128.britain-ex

dannyliux

Yep, exactly what I did.
Also compared the pakset from the complete zip file and the individual pakset tar file. Seems to be the same, much more empty than before.
Using the java updater to update to #31173a0 has not resolved the problem, and neither did re-downloading the latest nightly for pak128 Britain.
I happened to have archived the 'Simutrans-Extended-Complete.zip' from a previous build, build 14.6 #7e076b4, which works fine. However, the Britain pakset folder for that version is 630MB and contains 4925 files, while the latest pak128 Britain folder is only 315MB and contains just 261 files. I suspect that such a drastic downsizing of the pakset might have something to do with these errors.

Vladki

yes, the nightly version of extended paksets (britain and sweden) from bridgewater brunel is broken. It is probably related to the problem that makeobj for extended cannot be compiled, as reported in another thread.

dannyliux

Oh so that's why, thanks for the info. Do you have any idea where I can get the last working pakset update?

jamespetts

My apologies for the trouble: I have now fixed this and the pakset should be available again.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

dannyliux

Thank you James, I will update again tomorrow and hopefully the issue will be gone. Appears to be still broken as of #87b2012.

Ranran(retired)

As I reported in other threads, Simutrans-Extended-64.exe no longer updates automatically after 3/29. I think this problem is related to that.
Due to some influence, the automatic update function of the download server is partially broken. I guess the setting to run the build automatically is broken.

I don't know much about makefiles but I guess from the above facts that this commit is the cause.
https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended/commit/20d3c1e24739f1486e5fcf809e94e2894fa43f8b
Sorry if wrong (´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

jamespetts

Quote from: Ranran on April 04, 2020, 12:30:49 PM
As I reported in other threads, Simutrans-Extended-64.exe no longer updates automatically after 3/29. I think this problem is related to that.
Due to some influence, the automatic update function of the download server is partially broken. I guess the setting to run the build automatically is broken.

I don't know much about makefiles but I guess from the above facts that this commit is the cause.
https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-extended/commit/20d3c1e24739f1486e5fcf809e94e2894fa43f8b
Sorry if wrong (´・ω・`)

Thank you for your report, and apologies for the error. The problem was actually caused by an incorrect reference to /SDL2/SDL.h in simsys_s2.cc, which I have now fixed. I am manually re-running the nightly builds, so this should be fixed very shortly.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

It looks like the paksets failed to compile.

dannyliux

Issues seem to have been resolved, after auto-updating to #a8918ba. Thanks devs.