News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

[Bug] demo.sve signaling system broken

Started by Ranran(retired), March 08, 2020, 10:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

I noticed in demo.sve of the britain pakset that there was always a stuck not seen before. (´・ω・`)

Confirmation method:
1) First open demo.sve.
2) Follow this train at the Overcombe railway station immediately

3) When this train returns to the Overcombe railway station again, it will stuck there.

This does not occur with Jan, 20 builds, but does occur with Jan, 31 builds (this is the build just before the formation picture patch is incorporated). This may be due to changes made during this time.
Is this behavior intended?
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

Vladki

This is definitely not intended. Can you try just opening and closing the timetiable of stuck train, or sending it in the opposit direction, or to the depot?

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: Vladki on March 08, 2020, 08:10:12 PMCan you try just opening and closing the timetiable of stuck train, or sending it in the opposit direction, or to the depot?
Neither is possible. This line can no longer be reached from Overcombe railway station to Havenpool railway station. In addition it cannot even go back (from that track). That convoy is trapped there.
Destroy the signal under the bridge and the convoy will be saved.

And I found another similar bug in demo.sve.
How to confirm:
- Load demo.sve and switch player to Trikky Transport which is a yellow guy.
- Open the linemanagement window and find the line of Bere Valley Light Railway (Passenger).
- This line's convoy is stuck, and can no longer move as well (Changing the schedule does not solve the stuck too).

As far as I have confirmed, this convoy was able to move on the January 20's build, but no longer on the January 26's build. The same is true for the previously reported bug.
In both cases, token block signaling does not seem to be working properly. Neither example seems to work properly when the token block signal is on the station tile.

And some signal bugs I reported about two years ago have revived again... (´・ω・`)

jamespetts

As noted in the other thread, I have fixed an issue relating to this. I should be grateful if you could re-test with to-morrow's nightly build to see whether this issue is now fixed.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ranran(retired)

Thank you for working on fixing the bug.
First of all, today's automatic update does not seem to generate the 64-bit version correctly.
Therefore, I tested using the 32-bit version and confirmed that the bug of token block signaling in demo.sve I reported was fixed.
However, the problem is that the game freezes or crashes frequently when using fast forward. So I needed to check at normal game speed.
On the other thread, I don't know if this signal bug is the same as reported in another thread, so check after the server is restarted.

jamespetts

Thank you for confirming. I think that I have fixed an infinite loop problem that will cause freezes after a time.

Can you elaborate on the 64-bit build issue - is there any binary at all? May I ask which platform(s) is/are affected?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ranran(retired)

Quote from: jamespetts on March 30, 2020, 01:15:18 PMCan you elaborate on the 64-bit build issue
http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/nightly/windows/

Note the date the file was updated. The 64-bit version does not seem to be updated today.

jamespetts

Thank you for that - I have now dealt with this as detailed in the other thread. I should be grateful if you could re-test with the latest build. Thank you.

Ranran(retired)

I confirmed that the token block station signal bug has been solved in the latest 64-bit build.
Thank you for fixing the bug.

jamespetts