News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

New tracks in half hight different position than the old tracks

Started by FuzzyFox, April 18, 2020, 03:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FuzzyFox

Hey guys

im playing now the new Simutrans with half heigths and i saw the new tracks are on a bit other position than the old tracks.
First picture in Simutrans half heights with new tracks and the second the old. Are there any addons or solutions for this problem?

FuzzyFox

Vladki

Hello,

you probably play with some old addons. If you have the sources, then add ,0,4 to all image definitions on rail vehicles, like:

emptyimage[w]=csd_M295_0.0.0,0,4

If you do not have the sources, than I'm afraid that there is no other solution.

FuzzyFox

I dont have the source. sadly but why are the tracks on an other position or is there an option to change the tracks to the old position butin half height.

Vladki

It has nothing to do with half heights. It was a decision of pak128 maintainers to completely redraw the track to be on the ground level. Perhaps they did it when they had to draw new tracks for half height anyway. You can install old tracks but then the slopes would be wrong... There is no option or switch that could "raise" the tracks. It is just an image painted this way. Sorry.

FuzzyFox

Hmm who made the new tracks bridges and eleved rails and all the stuff. Maybe he can give me the source to change the tracks to the old position

Mariculous

It's in the sources of pak128, so you can give it at try. You should be aware that simply moving the images by a few pixels won't be sufficient.
Good luck.

Vladki

You can try applying the offset as I suggested above, but inverse, to tracks. But then there would be even more ugly things - tracks will not fit platforms, road crossings, etc. etc.
IMHO the best way is just to zoom out and let it be.

Leartin

- if you want to use the old track 'geometry', don't bother with the new tracks. It would be easier to take the old tracks and create the lower slopes for them. (If it had been possible to create tracks that look like the new ones, but at the old position, it would have been done)

- Better would be to take screenshots of the vehicles in all directions and create new dats for those graphics. Pretty much all the information that needs to be in the dat can be seen in the depot, so the addon can be recreated faithfully, just adjusted to the new tracks. (Tip: Create a tile-filling track in a single color, eg pink, so you can use the wand tool in image editing)

- check who made your addons. They might still be active, so you could ask them for sources.

Vladki

Judging from the screenshot, it looks like some german addons? Maybe try the whole pak128.german?

Lubak91

Quote from: Vladki on April 20, 2020, 06:57:44 AM
Judging from the screenshot, it looks like some german addons? Maybe try the whole pak128.german?
No, its from pak128.CZ, Sims work.
So, let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you are completely sane?!

Vladki

Quote from: Lubak91 on April 20, 2020, 01:34:13 PM
No, its from pak128.CZ, Sims work.
Oh yes, I did not notice the signal. Then I may reccomend trying the latest version od pak128.CS:
http://list.extended.simutrans.org/~simutrans/pak128.CS.zip

It has also lowered track so you can take stuff from there and use as addons with pak128.