News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Loading labels z-index

Started by ampersand, April 23, 2020, 03:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ampersand

Am I doing anything wrong to have loading labels obscured by waiting bars below?

As loading label is a disappearing tooltip can I make it appear in front of the station name, not behind? (r8870)

prissi

This depends on the order of the tiles. If you go to the other end of the train, it will be in front.

ampersand

Quote from: prissi on April 24, 2020, 01:13:13 AMgo to the other end of the train
Thanks, but this solution does not work, if I understand it all. The loading percentage appears only after hovering abovethe tile containing the first vehicle of the convoy.

Mariculous

Exactly.
I guess that was a missunderstanding.
The label will always appear at the first vehicle of the train.
If the train was stopping there in the other direction, the bars would be hidden behind the "Loading" label.

ampersand

I see. So one solution is to always design stations so as they are entered from the left (east). Pity there is no way to display all tooltips in the uppermost layer.

Mariculous

If it's really that important to you, then yes. Always design your station in a way that will display bars behind the "Loading" label.
Another workarround would be to move the station label.
If you really really want to have a different rendering order, you can for sure always implement it. Simutrans is an opensource project.

ampersand

Quote from: Freahk on April 24, 2020, 09:14:43 PMmove the station label
Tried this but have found no way to move it. Except for rebuilding the station.

Mariculous

The label is always placed above the first tile of the station, that means the first tile in order of building time.

Leartin

Quote from: Freahk on April 25, 2020, 01:02:19 PM
The label is always placed above the first tile of the station, that means the first tile in order of building time.
Not anymore, the label tries to position itself in the center of the station.

Mariculous

Oh well, I didn't notice this. Guess that was not ported to extended yet.