News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Forum forces me to use Albanian

Started by Ranran(retired), June 25, 2020, 11:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranran(retired)

The forum has begun to force me to use Albanian today.  (´・ω・`)

While I am decoding Albanian and managed to get to the settings page and try to change the language to English.
But in this way the language change is rejected.

But I don't know what it says. Dr. Google translate blindly sees that part, and I can't type it.
Please help me. (´・ω・`)
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)

freddyhayward

I have also experienced this issue, although it doesn't seem to occur in debug builds. I suspect this was caused by a change in the translation code in the latest patch. However, the rest of the code is so old and complicated that the underlying bug might never be fixed unless the entire patch is reverted, which is not currently viable. Instead, I have already started learning Albanian, and I recommend you do too.

Leartin

Everything works as intended.

One of the boons of being a Devotee. Well, there really is no problem though. The forum just wants you to enter your password to change the language, for security reasons. Imagine what could happen if you accidentially changed your language to one you don't understand... smart move of the forum

makie

It is not a bug, it is a feature for learning foreign languages.  ;D
IBM: It is not a bug, the system works a designed.

Ranran(retired)

The problem was that when I visited the forum again today everything was changed to Albanian although I didn't set it to Albanian.
I couldn't understand what I needed because I couldn't read Albanian. It was solved by setting a password. Thank you for your advice.
ひめしという日本人が開発者達の助言を無視して自分好みの機能をextendedに"強引に"実装し、
コードをぐちゃぐちゃにしてメンテナンスを困難にし(とりわけ道路と建物関連)、
挙句にバグを大量に埋め込み、それを知らんぷりして放置し(隠居するなどと言って)別のところに逃げ隠れて自分のフォーク(OTRP)は開発を続けている
その事実と彼の無責任さに日本人プレイヤーは目を向けるべき。らんらんはそれでやる気をなくした(´・ω・`)
他人の振り見て我が振り直せ。ひめしのようにならないために、らんらんが生み出したバグや問題は自分で修正しなくちゃね(´・ω・`)