News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Re: How to use trams?

Started by Donald C., May 08, 2020, 03:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donald C.

Some useful tips:
1.Trams go one way only on one tile. If you want 2 or more trams on a line, try to put tram tracks on to city roads.
2.You must electrify your line unless you are using horse trams or playing pak contrast.
3.Trams can run on electrified railway. In pak192 comic, trams run on narrow gauge railway. In other paksets, trams run on normal railway. In Simutrans Extended, you can only place tram tracks on roads, on clear land you should use railway track.
4.Trams can use both railway stations or bus stops. In 128px paksets, you cannot find stops in tram tools. You can find them in railway tools and road tools. Trams on roads can use railway station!
5.In pak256 and pak contrast, tram tracks and depots are in the railway tools. If you want to build bridges and tunnels for trams, use railway tunnels or build tram tracks on road bridges.

Donald C.

Addition:
6.Trams need to use signals. You can also find them in railway tools.
7.In conclusion, tram tools only show tram tracks and depots. If you want bridges, tunnels, signals and stops, you can find them in railway tools.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Yet again, you have bumped a post, in this case a decade old. I have asked you not to do this. I am taking away your ability to post until you acknowledge this.

While your post is appreciated, any questions from a ten year old post are most likely long ago resolved or no longer needed.

Please send me a PM that you understand this.