News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Making elevated ways with makeobj?

Started by phantom25, April 25, 2009, 01:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom25

What is the exact way to define an elevated ways?

I searched for some elevated rails existing in PAK128 addons, in order to use rail passanger transport more efficiently.
The only one, which I found via Google, is the Japan addon one.
This does not satisfy me (graphically), so I decided to try to make my own elevated way.

In http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=en_WayDef&highlight=elevated, there are defined waytypes:
track    
0 -normal track
1 -elevated monorail
7 -streetcar track

EDIT: Found the old topic http://archive.forum.simutrans.com/topic/04255.0/index.html. This is the exactly the only elevated railway I could find around;) Still, this topic does not really explain in the end, how it succeeded! Only, that it did...

What are the correct parameters for an elevated railway track?

monorail_track    
0 -normal monorail
1 -elevated monorail

There is not described, how to make elevated railway tracks?
What is the correct system type to use?
Or must this be done some other way?

My original idea was to make/use an New-York subway style elevated railway, or somthing like a steel elevated railway, just a little lighter and spacy...

Dwachs

Imho you need to set

waytype = track
system_type = 1
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

phantom25

Thanks. There seem to be many new waytype variations, which are not updated in english version...

No problem, that it is in german, I speak german well.

EDIT:

Tried the suggestion, but the pak content does not appear in game?...
It does pak successfully, it is copied in the pak128 directory with no error, but does not appear in game menues at all, even with the "chronously year" switched off...
Will check why.

EDIT (again):

Found out the culprit. Tried by example with graphics, which is for PAK64, not PAK128, so Makeobj complains something about not found graphics... Will now try in correct graphic size...