News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Factory production

Started by Milko, May 18, 2020, 08:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

In my current game I have some industries that never produce the best. The one in the example has a maximum production of 8 units but always produces only one per month. Can anyone help me understand?

Giuseppe

jamespetts

This is because the production output is set to 20% of the input, which is perhaps a good reason to implement Ranran's suggestion as discussed here of removing entirely the units/month figure at the top, which may be potentially misleading in such cases.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Milko

Quote from: jamespetts on May 19, 2020, 12:48:01 AM
This is because the production output is set to 20% of the input, which is perhaps a good reason to implement Ranran's suggestion as discussed here of removing entirely the units/month figure at the top, which may be potentially misleading in such cases.

20/month * 20% = 4/month but in the example productions is 1/month, maybe something is wrong in the formulas?

I agree to modify the GUI, to be more clear.

Giuseppe

Mariculous

I don't think it's an issue in the formulas.
What does your connected consumer look like? It might be that consumer has a small inbound storage or does not allow enough goods to be in transfer.