News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

acceleration info in convoy details

Started by Vladki, May 25, 2020, 10:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

There may be some bug with that. The curve friction for tram is not shown in details. Slope friction is shown, as well as base base friction fro roads, and curve friction for ships. But not for trams... I don't think it is a bug in display. Maybe in loading the curve_friction_factors_tram ? I tried even a fresh game, but nothing shows

jamespetts

Quote from: Vladki on June 02, 2020, 11:40:31 PM
There may be some bug with that. The curve friction for tram is not shown in details. Slope friction is shown, as well as base base friction fro roads, and curve friction for ships. But not for trams... I don't think it is a bug in display. Maybe in loading the curve_friction_factors_tram ? I tried even a fresh game, but nothing shows

If you believe that there is a bug, I will need a bug report thread to be able to manage and plan the work in relation to investigating this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

I have digged a little bit into this, and found that: get_curve_friction_factor(tram_wt) may return the correct value.
The problem is that get_waytype() for trams returns track_wt, because trams are still instances of class rail_vehicle_t.
So this would have to be modified to check the current track on which the rail_vehicle actually is, instead of simply returning a constant value.