News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Potential Bug in "Change prices"

Started by Mariculous, June 04, 2020, 06:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariculous

I have noticed that since a few weeks, it takes considerably long to open lines price window.
Have there been any changes made the last few weeks?
I first thought, it was related to the huge size of bridgewater, as there are some things that run considerably slower than on stephenson-siemens, but now I noticed the same on stephenson-siemens.
Clicking "change prices" will make the game unresponsive for ~5s. I had never noticed that before I started playing on bridgewater.

Did anyone else observe this?
I suspect I cannot create a reproduction case or something like that, as this simply seems to be a general behavior, at least in my device...

Ves

It happens to me too on the server.

Vladki

Quote from: Freahk on June 04, 2020, 06:45:03 PMDid anyone else observe this?
Yes I noticed it too. But it does not happen offline ...
Tried now and it is OK even if online

freddyhayward

It just happened to me offline on default.sve

jamespetts

Thank you for the reports. I will need a reliable reproduction case in order to be able to investigate this.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

As mentioned, this is a general behavior. Nothing special required to reproduce.
Click "change prices" of any line in any save and the game will be unresponsive for a few seconds.

Anyways, I have attached a small generic map.
Click "change prices button of the only existing line and the game will be unresponsive for a short time.
I have just noticed now, that this does not always seem to appear. Sometimes it's fast as lightning, sometimes it takes even longer than mentioned 5s, so just open and close the price dialog a few times.

jamespetts

Thank you for that. I am afraid that I cannot reproduce the described behaviour with my debug build using the saved game provided. Can I check whether those who are experiencing this issue are using Linux or Windows? It is possible that this might be platform specific.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Mariculous

Originally observed with Windows, but reproduced on both of my devices.

Very strange one. Currently, I cannot reproduce it with any of my devices either...
I suspect it will be very hard to catch that one.