News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[gui] Text input boxes do not change size

Started by Yona-TYT, June 04, 2020, 08:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

I have noticed that the lines window seems to be the only window where the input boxes change the size with the themes.

Look at the image.

prissi

The line windows use the old, non\scalable code and thus uses its own sizing. Which parameter did you change to increase editbox size? The large theme with a large font has the correct size.

Yona-TYT

There is no parameter, so it automatically adapts to the size of the arrows, which makes perfect sense if you want to keep the theme symmetrical (With the arrows of the filters for example).

prissi

The edit boxes follow the mainly the font size. What should they folllow the arrow size?

Yona-TYT

I think it should follow the size of the "arrows", but this only for the minimum size, if the font size is bigger then the size of the text boxes should be adapted to the (large) font size. 8)

prissi

It would make much more sense to follow the size of the button for me.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: prissi on June 09, 2020, 02:23:31 AM
It would make much more sense to follow the size of the button for me.
Certainly, but what will happen to large fonts?. ???

prissi

Yona-TYT

Excellent, this seems reasonable to me.  ;D

Yona-TYT

A small detail, the search filter in the depots does not obey the size of the buttons "Using the latest version of the trunk".
Edit.
ohh the same thing happens in the line window, but I think it is because these windows are not yet adapted to the new auto scalable gui.  :P